Demanding removal of three top officials of Mayawati-led Uttar Pradesh government, a delegation of state BJP leaders today met Chief Election Commissioner SY Quraishi here.
The party delegation, led by Shyam Nandan Singh, met Quraishi and election commissioners HS Brahma and VS Sampath and demanded "immediate removal" of cabinet secretary Shashank Shekhar Singh, principal secretary, Home, Kunwar Fateh Bahadur and director general of police Brijlal.
The BJP feels free and fair polls in the politically crucial state of UP are not possible till the top bureaucrats are removed from key posts, they alleged in complaint.
The leaders alleged that these officers were affecting polls, and free and fair polls were not possible without their removal.
An EC team, led by Quraishi, is on a two-day visit from today here to review the preparations for Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls.
The party also handed over an 18-point memorandum to the EC in which it was alleged that government machinery is being misused by the ruling BSP.
They also pointed out that hoardings of Chief Minister was not removed and the officers were working in favour of BSP.
Meanwhile, joining the chorus, Samajwadi Party also demanded removal of the three officers alleging that they could affect elections.
"These officers are working as spokesman of BSP. They should be immediately removed for free and fair polls," party spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury said.
The SP also demanded that adequate number of central forces should be deployed in the state.
Besides three, SP also demanded removal of some other officers alleging that they were close to BSP.
BJP Meets CEC for Removal of Top UP Officials
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Covid Second Wave: PM Modi's Larger-Than-Life Image Takes A Big Hit
- The Covid Chargesheet: From First Lockdown To Present Catastrophe
- Covid: 13 Foreign Countries’ Emergency Medical Help Land In Shimla
- A Pin-Prick Of Hope: 40 Transgenders Given Covid-19 Jab In Guwahati
- Central Encroachment Into West Bengal Even After Elections
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Daughter’s Diary: Corona Has Come Home, But Home Is Far Away
- UK Study: Mixing Vaccines Can Be Safe
- Oxygen Crisis: 75 Deaths At Goa's Biggest Covid Hospital
- PM Modi Releases Rs 19,000 Cr To Farmers; Steps to Check Balance
- Bikers On A Mission Bridging Plasma Donors With Covid Patients
- Suspicion Of Poisoning Rife After 18 Elephants Die In Assam’s Nagaon
- Hardik Doesn't Fit In ODIs, T20s: Sarandeep
- Race Walker KT Irfan Turn Negative