Three top leaders of the Bharatiya Janata Party today came out in support of Narendra Modi government and attacked Congress for 'misusing' CBI in Sohrabuddin encounter case at rallies in different cities of the state.
Addressing meetings, BJP leaders Arun Jaitley in Ahmedabad, Rajnath Singh in Vadodara and Venkiah Naidu in Surat, attacked the Congress 'for using CBI as a political tool' for arrest of former Gujarat minister Amit Shah to target the state of Gujarat.
"BJP has decided that Amitbhai will fight the legal battle, and the party will fight the political battle," Jaitley said at a function organised by the state BJP at Town Hall here.
Coming down heavily on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA president Sonia Gandhi, Jaitley said that elections cannot be won by by deception, suppression or torture.
"CBI can frame a fake case but it cannot win elections for Congress. They (Congress) should remember that political power of Congress was not immortal," he said.
"So if CBI are doing this (arrest of Shah) at the behest of a political party, some day it will be made to answer," the leader of the opposition in Rajya Sabha said.
Describing the state of the country, Jaitley said the prices of essential commodities were touching the sky, Kashmir was slipping out of hand with rise in violence everyday, menace of Maoists on the rise and then there is massive corruption in Commonwealth Games.
"But the only person that the Congress led UPA could take action against was Amit Shah," he said.
"We still believe that India is the biggest democracy in the world. But its Prime Minister is incapable of getting votes in the parliament. Today a bill does not get passed in the Lok Sabha or Rajya Sabha,(on merit) but it gets passed just because the CBI has the capacity to do it," Jaitley said, describing it as ill-fate of the country.
"What is more grievous is that citizens have lost fate in CBI. Voting takes place in the parliament, but which way the vote would go is decided by the CBI in the corridor of the court," he added.
Jaitley said that strategy of UPA government is to cover those who are supporting it. If one dares to oppose, then it comes out with false evidence against them. And in case of those who are neither supporting or opposing, it keeps a sword hanging on their heads to use them whenever needed, he added
Jaitley said just like the script of a film changes with the change in writer, the script of the five-year-old Sohrabuddin case changed after CBI came into picture.
Shah was arrested for political gains and to ensure that some people become witnesses out of fear, the former Union Law Minister said.
In Surat, Naidu hit out at Congress for "politicising" the encounter case. "Our neighbouring country is providing training, arms and finance to spread terror in India, while UPA Government is issuing orders to probe encounter of a criminal. How can it be justified? Why Congress has so much love for Sohrabuddin? We are not against CBI, but the way Congress is using it for its political advantage."
"The Sohrabuddin matter is with court and I can promise everybody that nothing will be proved against all those accused in the case, including Shah," Naidu said while talking to media persons.
Rajnath Singh, who was in Vadodara, said the Congress- led UPA should be ready to facing consequences of the Sohrabuddin encounter case. The former BJP chief asked UPA to refrain from destabilising the Narendra Modi Government.
Singh said his party was ready to legally and politically fight the case against Shah "who is honest and his integrity can not be questioned".
He accused Congress of using the encounter case to promote vote-bank politics.
BJP Leaders Attack Congress for Alleged Misuse of CBI
THE LATEST ISSUE
- ‘Need To Look At Every Aspect That Caused Defeat’: Sonia Gandhi To Congress On Poll Results
- ‘His Dream Has Come True,’ Says Himanta Biswa Sarma’s Wife
- Why High Antibody Doesn’t Guarantee Protection From Covid-19?
- In A First, An Independent Candidate In Tamil Nadu Releases Election Expenses
- Game Over, Or Halftime? Mamata Faces Full-Blown Tussle With BJP
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- India Sees Dip In Covid Daily Count: Records 3,66,161 Cases, 3,754 Deaths
- Fact Check: Can You Get Covid Even After Vaccination? Govt Clarifies
- Covid: What’s Fatal Black Fungus Infection?
- 34 AMU Professors Succumb To Covid In Last 18 Days
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- M.K. Stalin: The Prince Who Finally Became King
- Dramatic Draw Not Enough To Keep Title In Real's Hands
- Shafali Verma Set To Play In The Hundred, May Feature In WBBL Also