Veteran BJP leader and former Rajya Sabha member Narayan Prasad Gupta passed away here after a brief illness.
Gupta (89) died yesterday.
Gupta, who played a major role in the growth of BJP in Madhya Pradesh, was among the founding members of Jana Sangh.
The last rites were performed today at the Badbada crematorium.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and several other BJP leaders condoled the death of Gupta.
BJP Leader Narayan Prasad Gupta Dead
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Day Before Counting, Election Commission Rejects Opposition Demand On VVPATs
- Party Workers Keep 24-Hour Vigil Outside EVM Strongrooms Ahead Of Counting Day
- In Exit Polls Prediction, A Non-Existent AAP Candidate, 7 Seats For LJP In Bihar
- CWC 2019: There Will Be Disappointment If India Rely Too Heavily On Kohli, Warns Tendulkar
- You're Fighting For Truth, Don't Be Upset With Exit Polls: Rahul Gandhi To Party Workers
- My Vote Is For the Well-Being Of My Fellow Indians
- The Statue Went Bust
- Mayawati, Honourable Prime Minister. Why The Heartburn?
- Can India's Character As A Secular Republic Be Sustained?
- Yogi Deveshwar: Corporate Honcho Whose Touch Gave Wings to Air India, High Flight To ITC
- How WhatsApp Saved The Day For A Cyclone Fani-Hit Journo In Odisha
- Rahul Gandhi vs Smriti Irani, Modi vs Ajay Rai, Rajnath vs Poonam Sinha: Key Contests In UP
- In Parts Of Odisha, Cylone Fani-Affected People Forced To Repay Loans
- At NDA Meet, PM Modi Expresses Concern Over 'Needless Controversy' On EVMs
- 'Why Can't All VVPATs Be Verified, Is SC Also Involved in Rigging', Asks Udit Raj
- EC Wants To Set New Precedent Of 'Dark Secrets', 'Secluded Chambers': Congress
- ISRO Successfully Launches Satellite RISAT-2B; It Can Take Pictures Under 'Cloudy Conditions'
- Newly-elected Members Of Lok Sabha Not To Stay In Hotels: LS Secretary General
- ED Conducts Fresh Raids In Connection With IL&FS Payment Default Case