Senior BJP leader L K Advani today flagged off a 'Border Darshan' campaign which will visit 13 points on India's frontiers to study the living conditions of soldiers and the threat from China and Pakistan to the nation through incursions and forceful occupation.
"Vast parts of our border areas are occupied by China and Pakistan. There have been Chinese incursions and infiltration by militants from Pakistan. The team will visit the 13 border areas and submit a National Border Status report to Advani next year," BJP Rajya Sabha member Tarun Vijay said.
Vijay has taken the initiative to launch the programme. Advani and Gadkari, among others, will visit some of the borders as part of this campaign.
Vijay said the inspiration for such a campaign came from Jan Sangh founder S P Mookerjee's sacrifice for an integrated Jammu and Kashmir.
"Today there is drug and arms smuggling on our borders. We are perhaps the only nation where all our borders are under a grave threat due to petty politics," Vijay said.
He emphasised on Parliament's unanimous resolution of 1994 which pledged that India would take back Pakistan-occupied Kashmir from the neighbouring country.
The BJP has accused the UPA government of being soft towards Pakistan and China and not doing enough to tackle incursions and on building international pressure to stop cross-border terrorism.
Advani said when the nuclear deal was in process more than the Indian people and the government, the US industrial houses were keen that it went through as they saw a lucrative market there.
In the same breath, he mentioned the agitation against the Jaitapur nuclear plant in Maharashtra but refused to elaborate.
He said the BJP was concerned about what steps were being taken for the security of the nation, good governance and welfare of Indian soldiers.
The BJP has mustered support for this campaign on Twitter and Facebook and received an overwhelming response, Vijay said.
BJP Launches Campaign for 'Secure Borders'
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- World Cup Live, IND vs ENG: Mohammed Shami Twin-Strike Leads India's Fightback
- Donald Trump Shakes Hands With Kim Jong Un In Demilitarized Zone, Walks Into North Korea
- Amid Water Scarcity In Country, PM Modi Pitches For Water Conservation In 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Not Just Milk, What's Common Between Rishabh Pant and Virender Sehwag
- Gunshots In Air, Sweets To Police Personnel: Akash Vijayvargiya Supporters Celebrate MLA's Release
- Trump's America Is Once Again Locking Horns With Iran. What Should India Do?
- Do Driving And Education Have A Connection?
- Ola, Ole! How's The Patient Doing?
- Salman Khan’s Fears Misplaced, No Reviewer Can Make Or Mar A Film Destined For Greatness
- With No Malls, No App-Based Economy, Kashmir Stuck At Where It Was 2 Decades Ago
- India, Pakistan And The Cost Of A Cup Of Tea In Kashmir
- Pakistan Fans To Support India Vs England, Sing Jana Gana Mana
- WATCH | Puddles Of Water On Viewing Gallery's Floor In Sardar Patel's Statue Of Unity
- Muslim Mother Who Named Her Child 'Narendra Modi' Wants To Change His Name, But...
- Telangana: Woman Official Goes On Plantation Drive, TRS Men Thrash Her With Sticks -- VIDEO
- I Represent 'Inclusive India', Says Nusrat Jahan On Fatwa Over Her Attire
- Dangal Actor Zaira Wasim Quits Bollywood, Says It Was Leading Her To 'Path Of Ignorance'
- WATCH: Patient Dragged On Bedsheet To X-Ray Room In MP's Jabalpur, Three Suspended
- Movie Review: Article 15 Can Help Detox Those Hit By Kabir Singh’s Toxic Masculinity