BJP activists led by its leader M Venkaiah Naidu today took to streets here and courted arrest, protesting hike in diesel price and FDI in multi-brand retail.
Naidu along with BJP leaders V K Malhotra, Vijay Goel and Vijender Gupta marched from Jantar Mantar towards Parliament and courted arrest, demanding roll back of diesel prices.
Addressing the protesters earlier, Naidu alleged the government wanted to divert attention from issues like coal block allocation and "that's why they have taken such a decision".
We demand a complete roll back of hike in diesel prices," Naidu said.
"We call all the allies of UPA to decide whether they are with the farmers or with this government. Either they make the government to rollback the decisions or withdraw support," he said.
Goel said the government's decisions will prove wrong as in the case of coal block allocations.
"Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal had said the government didn't make coal block allocations to cancel them later. But they have now cancelled allocation of four coal blocks. Congress will rollback diesel price similarly," Goel said.
Malhotra criticised the statement made by Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit yesterday that people are able to pay for diesel prices.
"I am extremely shocked with the statement of Dikshit who said that ordinary citizens are able to pay these prices easily," he said.
Gupta said that this is the final war against this government and that they will continue its protest until this government quits.
BJP Holds Rally Against Diesel Price Hike, FDI in Retail
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Coronavirus Live Updates: India Death Toll Reaches 6; Passenger Trains Cancelled Till March 31
- Janata Curfew Underway; Streets Empty As PM Modi Urges People To Stay Home
- 13 Soldiers Untraceable 24 Hours After Encounter With Naxals In Chhattisgarh
- From Handling Trauma Victims To COVID-19 Patients, Abdul Rehman Has Carried Them All
- Coronavirus: India's Partial Lockdown Reeks Of Class, Caste Bias Leaving Socially, Sexually Disadvantaged Groups Vulnerable
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Coronavirus: India's Death Toll Rises To 6 As Two Die In Bihar, Mumbai
- Coronavirus: Railways Suspends All Passenger Trains From March 22-31
- Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Crosses 13,000 As 1 Billion Confined To Homes
- Coronavirus: Health Authorities In Kashmir Demand Ventilators
- Petrol Bomb Hurled Near Shaheen Bagh Anti-CAA Protest Site
- Italy's Coronavirus Death Toll Rises By 793 In Biggest Single-Day Jump
- Baroda Women's Cricket Coach Suspended For Alleged Harassment
- Olympics: IOC Asks Member Countries About Coronavirus Impact