Describing Suresh Kalmadi as 'small fry' in the CWG scam, BJP today demanded the arrest of chairman of the GoM supervising the Games S Jaipal Reddy and Union Sports Minister M S Gill in connection with the scam.
"Suresh Kalmadi is a small fry as his involvement in the scam was to the tune of Rs 3,000 crore", BJP general secretary Vijay Goel told a press conference.
Goel claimed he was removed from the CWG Organising Committee for raising his voice against the scam and alleged the GoM headed by Reddy was responsible for taking decisions regarding the Games and hence could not evade responsibility.
Goel claimed Gill had published a booklet in which he said that there was no work done between 2003-2006 regarding the CWG.
"I think CBI should question Jaipal Reddy, M S Gill and Sheila Dixit and arrest them," he said.
He said while Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was a 'very honest man,' he was heading a 'very corrupt' government.
Charging Congress with undermining democratic institutions, he said, "This is evident in the manner in which the PAC chairman was humiliated (at its meeting to discuss the draft report on the 2-G scam)."
In reply to a question, Goel said it was the bounden duty of the Centre to bring back the black money of Indian nationals stashed in Swiss banks. "It was our leader L K Advani who first raised his voice against black money."
BJP Demands Arrest of Reddy, Gill Over CWG Scam
THE LATEST ISSUE
- MSD: Three Musketeers Who Engineered Kashmir's Bloodless Coup But Are Their Plans Sustainable?
- Finance Minister Announces Slew Of Measures To Boost Economy Amid Slowdown
- Rahul Gandhi, Other Opposition Leaders To Visit Jammu and Kashmir Today
- Brazil's Bolsonaro Authorizes Army To Help Fight Raging Amazon Fires
- Was Focussing To Play With The Tailenders: Jadeja
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- PM Modi Arrives In UAE To Strenghten Bilateral Ties
- Home, Vehicle, Other Retail Loans To Become Cheaper: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- Death By Debt: Indian Businesses Are Devastated, Tax Terror Adds To Woes
- New India Will Not Allow Loot Of Money: PM Modi To Indian Diaspora In France
- WATCH: Decoding What Nirmala Sitharaman's Announcements To Boost Economy Mean
- 2 Dead, Several Feared Trapped As Building Collapses In Maharashtra’s Bhiwandi
- Sourav Ganguly Comes In Defence Of Rahul Dravid In Conflict Of Interest Case
- Sindhu Enters Semis At World Championships