The ruling BJP today claimed it will come back to power in the state with a decent majority cashing in on the clean image of its Chief Minister B C Khanduri.
"We will win the state assembly elections with a decent majority," BJP National spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said, claiming that the party fulfilled promises made by its government during the present tenure.
Pointing towards several initiatives taken for clean governance in the state, she said the BJP government brought a tough and effective Lokayukta Bill and Right to Public Service Act, showing a strong will to eliminate corruption.
In addition, the government also took numerous steps to revamp crucial sectors like education and health with an aim to bring an end to people's problems, especially those living in the remote hilly areas.
Taking a dig at its promise of giving unemployment allowance if voted to power, Sitharaman slammed the Congress, accusing it of blocking lakhs of job prospects by curtailing the concessional industrial package.
She said the UPA government brought NREGA scheme for unskilled workers but it badly affected agriculture and the small farmers, despite costing heavily to the state exchequer.
She, however, did not predict the number of seats the party was expecting to win out of the total 70 assembly segments.
In the 2007 assembly elections, the BJP had managed to touch the magic figure of 36 in the house of 70, leaving behind the Congress with 20.
BJP Claims It Will Retain Uttarakhand
THE LATEST ISSUE
- The Nitty Gritties Of Investigating Hathras Rape
- MI Vs RR: Suryakumar, Bumrah Set Up Massive Win
- No Ifs And Buts, Nitish Kumar Will Remain CM Even If We Win More Seats: BJP
- Covid-19 Virus Can Infect People More Than Six Feet Away: CDC
- In Den Of Match-Fixers, Why BCCI's Fraud Detecting System For IPL Still Has Holes
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Innocent Or Framed? Who’s The Real Rhea Chakraborty?
- Court Awards Life Imprisonment To Four In Alwar Gangrape Case
- Truce Is The Only Option For EPS And OPS
- Atal Tunnel Opens Avenues Of Innovation In Tourism
- French Open: Thiem Stunned In 5-hour Epic As Schwartzman Enters Semis
- Rahul Gandhi Allowed To Enter Haryana
- How Is De-Globalization An Opportunity For India?
- No Need To Panic: Steve Smith