Social activists led by Binayak Sen today held a protest near the Rajasthan Assembly complex demanding an immediate removal of poverty cap fixed for BPL families by the government.
Sen while addressing the activists said the poverty cap of Rs 15 for rural poor and Rs 20 for urban poor is unjustified and should be removed in the interest of people.
The activists also made several boxes of food items which can be bought from Rs 15 and Rs 20 and presented them to government representatives at the secretariat building.
Binayak Sen Leads Protest Against BPL Poverty Cap
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Explained: What Is N440K Covid Variant? Is It More Virulent? Know What CCMB Says
- What’s Fatal Black Fungus Infection In Covid Patients; Check Dos And Don’ts Here
- Himanta Biswa Sarma To Take Oath As Assam Chief Minister Today
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Cong Leader Mallikarjun Kharge Urges PM Modi To Hold All-Party Meeting
- Talks For National Alliance Of Opposition Parties To Start Soon: Raut
- YouTuber Rahul Vohra Dies Hours After Predicting His Death On Facebook
- Sikh Body Provides Oxygen Concentrators To Covid Patients
- Youth Congress President Steps Into Sonu Sood’s Shoes
- Mamata Banerjee Retains Ministerial Core As 43 Take Oath Today
- Lewis Hamilton Wins Record-equalling Sixth Spanish Grand Prix
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly