Social activists led by Binayak Sen today held a protest near the Rajasthan Assembly complex demanding an immediate removal of poverty cap fixed for BPL families by the government.
Sen while addressing the activists said the poverty cap of Rs 15 for rural poor and Rs 20 for urban poor is unjustified and should be removed in the interest of people.
The activists also made several boxes of food items which can be bought from Rs 15 and Rs 20 and presented them to government representatives at the secretariat building.
Binayak Sen Leads Protest Against BPL Poverty Cap
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Chinese President Xi To Visit India Later This Year After PM Modi's Invite At SCO Summit
- India Planning To Set Up Its Own Space Station, Says ISRO Chief
- Defying Mamata's Ultimatum, Bengal Doctors To Continue Agitation Till Demands Are Met
- ICC CWC 2019: Rain Check! Here's How Much An Abandoned Match Will Cost India
- IND Vs NZ, World Cup 2019: Match Abandoned, India And New Zealand Share Spoils
- India, Pakistan And The Cost Of A Cup Of Tea In Kashmir
- In Girish Karnad's Death, My Lear Has Passed Away
- In Azim Premji, India Has Its Own Andrew Carnegie, The Man Who Donated 90% Of His Wealth
- Time Opposition Parties Revisited Their Founding Principles To Find How Far Or Close They Are To Them
- LS Polls In J&K: Uncles, Aunties And Engineer Rasheed
- Nitish Saw Modi Wave Coming, Made Amends In Time To Return To NDA
- All 13 Air Force Personnel On Board AN-32 Dead
- Pak Must Take 'Concrete Action' Against Terrorism For Peace Talks: PM Modi Tells China's Xi
- No Proof To Prosecute Nana Patekar In Molestation Case: Police Tells Court
- West Bengal Governor's All-Party Meeting Over Political Violence Inconclusive
- After New Zealand Non-Starter, India Captain Virat Kohli Warns Pakistan
- TV Channel That Aired 'Defamatory' Content On UP CM Yogi Gets I&B Ministry Notice Over Name, Logo
- NIA Continues Searches For Second Day In ISIS Kerala-Tamil Nadu Module Case
- 'Modi Hai Toh Mumkin Hai': Mike Pompeo Hopes For Strong India-US Relations