Social activists led by Binayak Sen today held a protest near the Rajasthan Assembly complex demanding an immediate removal of poverty cap fixed for BPL families by the government.
Sen while addressing the activists said the poverty cap of Rs 15 for rural poor and Rs 20 for urban poor is unjustified and should be removed in the interest of people.
The activists also made several boxes of food items which can be bought from Rs 15 and Rs 20 and presented them to government representatives at the secretariat building.
Binayak Sen Leads Protest Against BPL Poverty Cap
THE LATEST ISSUE
- MSD: Three Musketeers Who Engineered Kashmir's Bloodless Coup But Are Their Plans Sustainable?
- Finance Minister Announces Slew Of Measures To Boost Economy Amid Slowdown
- Rahul Gandhi, Other Opposition Leaders To Visit Jammu and Kashmir Today
- WATCH: Decoding What Nirmala Sitharaman's Announcements To Boost Economy Mean
- 1st Test, Day 2: Ishant Sharma Puts IND On Top, WI Trail By 108 Runs
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- PM Modi Arrives In UAE To Strenghten Bilateral Ties
- Home, Vehicle, Other Retail Loans To Become Cheaper: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- Death By Debt: Indian Businesses Are Devastated, Tax Terror Adds To Woes
- New India Will Not Allow Loot Of Money: PM Modi To Indian Diaspora In France
- 2 Dead, Several Feared Trapped As Building Collapses In Maharashtra’s Bhiwandi
- Sindhu Enters Semis At World Championships
- Sourav Ganguly Comes In Defence Of Rahul Dravid In Conflict Of Interest Case
- Donald Trump Hits Back At China With More Tariffs Amid Escalating Trade War