Tennis star Mahesh Bhupati and Bollywood actress Lara Dutta exchanged wedding vows in Victorian style at the sunset point of the erstwhile Portuguese fort of Aguada near here today.
"We had a memorable time at the wedding. Looking forward to the rest of our lives together," the celebrity couple said in their message after the wedding.
36-year-old Bhupati and Lara, 32, had a specially decorated shamiyana set up for them within the premises of a five-star hotel near Candolim beach on the 16th century fort.
The wedding was out of bound for the media but the sources said it was a grand affair. Lara, a former Miss Universe, wore a white gown while Mahesh was in black suit, sources said.
Bollywood actors Reitesh Deshmukh, Raveena Tandon, Dia Mirza, Priyanka Chopra, Celina Jetley and Boman Irani and designers Wendell Rodricks and Sheetal Malhar were among 200 invitees who attended the wedding.
There was no confirmation whether Shah Rukh Khan could make it to the wedding.
From the sporting field, Rohan Bopanna and Leander Paes along with his wife Ria Pillai were among the invitees.
The couple after registering their marriage in Mumbai had flown to Goa where they had a Sangeet at Club Fresh, a hang out place at Candolim beach, on Friday night.
The Sangeet was an all night affair with Lara and Mahesh themselves dancing to some recent Bollywood numbers.
The five star resort hosting the wedding has offered a menu of Goan food, Sushi and Thai cuisine for the guests.
Bhupati-Lara to Exchange Vows in Goa
THE LATEST ISSUE
- As Assam CM, Himanta Biswa Sarma Finally Lives His Dream
- Lockdown In Delhi Extended Till May 17: Arvind Kejriwal
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- 'Have Lost Courage’: YouTuber Rahul Vohra Dies Hours After Predicting His Death On Facebook
- Tamil Nadu's New Health Minister MA Subramanian Is Also A Marathon Runner
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Cong Leader Mallikarjun Kharge Urges PM Modi To Hold All-Party Meeting
- Talks For National Alliance Of Opposition Parties To Start Soon: Raut
- As India Battles The Virus, Let Us Not Weaken National Resolve
- Sikh Body Provides Oxygen Concentrators To Covid Patients
- Youth Congress President Steps Into Sonu Sood’s Shoes
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- Lewis Hamilton Wins Record-equalling Sixth Spanish Grand Prix
- T20 World Cup Could Be Postponed Or Shifted From India: Ian Chappell