Two notices, sent to former Union Carbide CEO Warren Anderson at his US addresses by a probe panel, were returned by the authorities concerned on the ground of "person unidentified and insufficient address", sources said today.
The two notices were sent through the government of India to Greenwich and New York addresses of Anderson, but both were returned to the Union Carbide Poisonous Gas Leak Probe Commission headed by Justice
(Retd) S L Kocchar, they said.
However, undeterred by the return of these notices, the commission is again trying to serve the notice to Anderson through the Government of India, the commission said in a release.
The Commission was constituted after a lot of hue and cry was raised over inadequate punishment awarded to the accused by a local court in June 2010.
The panel also said that NGOs working for the welfare of Bhopal's gas affected people have also not appeared before the Commission to help it in the probe, it said.
A notice was also send to the then Hanumanganj police station in-charge Surendra Singh Thakur on September 21, but his statements were not recorded since he was abroad.
The Commission has fixed November 26 as the next date for recording his statement.
Bhopal Gas: Notices to Accused Returned to Probe Panel
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Clueless Congress Stumbles From One Poll Defeat To Another
- Cong To Form Fact-Finding Team To Analyse Poll Debacle
- Corpses Found Floating In Ganga
- 1st Priority Is To Contain Covid: CM Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Himachal: Cyber Thugs Target Covid Patients With False Promises Of Hospital Beds, Remdesivir
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- India's Battle Against Covid: Grim Reaper Stalks The Land
- Why High Antibody Doesn’t Guarantee Protection From Covid
- Lancet Slams Modi Govt for Stoking a ‘Self-Inflicted National Catastrophe’
- Can You Get Covid After Vaccination?
- In A First, An Independent Candidate In TN Releases Election Expenses
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- 'Sushil Has Tarnished Wrestling's Image,' LOC Served After Murder
- Virat Kohli, Ishant Sharma Get First Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine