The Bhopal Gas Peedit Mahila Udyog Sangthan (BGPMUS) today charged the Bhopal Municipal Corporation with supplying polluted drinking water to 14 localities affected by the December 1984 gas disaster.
"We demand that action should be taken against officials responsible for this and criminal cases be filed against them," the Sangthan convenor, Abdul Jabbar told reporters.
The Sangthan convenor said it was strange that the municipal corporation was carrying out with the funds, meant for gas victims, works in localities which did not exist at the time of the disaster.
Jabbar said this was in total violation of rules and this appeared to be done only with a view to derive political mileage and nothing else.
Bhopal: Foul Water Allegedly Supplied to Gas- Hit Areas
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Finance Minister Announces Slew Of Measures To Boost Economy Amid Slowdown
- WATCH: Decoding What Nirmala Sitharaman's Announcements To Boost Economy Mean
- Rahul Gandhi, Other Opposition Leaders To Visit Jammu and Kashmir Today
- PV Sindhu Not Smart, Says Kim Ji Hyun, Korean Coach Behind Badminton Star's Course Correction
- PM Modi Arrives In UAE To Strenghten Bilateral Ties
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- Death By Debt: Indian Businesses Are Devastated, Tax Terror Adds To Woes
- Home, Vehicle, Other Retail Loans To Become Cheaper: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- Donald Trump Hits Back At China With More Tariffs Amid Escalating Trade War
- New India Will Not Allow Loot Of Money: PM Modi To Indian Diaspora In France
- 2 Dead, Several Feared Trapped As Building Collapses In Maharashtra’s Bhiwandi
- Sindhu Assured Of Fifth Medal At Badminton Worlds
- 1st Test, Day 2: Sharma Puts IND On Top, WI Trail By 108 Runs
- SC To Hear Chidambaram's Appeal Against Arrest On Monday