Mohun Bagan's Moroccan coach Karim Bencharifa today stepped down from his post following the club's ongoing poor performance in the I-League this season.
Former Mohun Bagan midfielder Satyajit Chatterjee has been named as the coach for the remainder of the season.
"Our parting of ways has been mutually agreed upon", Mohun Bagan general secretary Anjan Mitra told reporters here said at a news conference, where Bencharifa was also present.
"The club is having a lean period and we think a change is needed to get result. It (Bencharifa's leaving) is mutually agreed upon," he said.
Interim coach Chatterjee had earlier served as Bencharifa's assistant before resigning.
Bencharifa, meanwhile, said that he enjoyed his stint with Mohun Bagan and always tried to his give best for the team.
Bencharifa Resigns as Bagan Coach
THE LATEST ISSUE
- JEE Advanced Cut Off Lowest In Recent Years, Here’s Why?
- RCB Vs DC: Vibrant Delhi Rout Bangalore By 59 Runs To Go Top Of Table
- In Absence Of Ailing Paswan, Son Chirag Left To Fight His Own Battle In Bihar Polls
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- Hathras Case: Forensic Report That Denied Rape Contains No Value, Say Medical Experts
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- Ashwin Leaves Finch With 'Mankading' Warning
- Reopening Of Schools After Months Of Lockdown
- Trio Wins Nobel Prize In Medicine For Discovery Of Hepatitis C Virus
- FIR Registration Should Be Made Compulsory For All States: Gehlot
- Smriti Irani Calls Rahul Gandhi A 'VIP Kisan'
- Scientists Say ‘Feluda’ Test Could Help India Battle COVID-19
- Foreign Secretary, Army Chief Of India Visit Myanmar
- Delhi Capitals Will Be Hard To Beat In IPL 2020, Says RCB Skipper Virat Kohli