BCCI chairman of selectors Krishmachari Srikkanth has said that one needs to be passionate about his or her profession just "like how Sachin Tendulkar is about cricket".
"Tendulkar, despite having scored 99 international centuries in his career spanning across two decades, almost never engaged a runner. At 37 years, he still exudes a passion as was seen during his last century against South Africa," Srikkanth said addressing students of Anna University of Technology here yesterday.
Srikkanth, who was here to sign an agreement on behalf of his e-learning portal Career Strokes with the Anna University of Technology said he strongly believe India would win the ongoing World Cup.
He recalled that in 1983 during a meeting held a day before the match against the West Indies, the then captain Kapil Dev told his team-mates that Indian team had defeated the Caribbean side earlier in the tournament and they could repeat the feat again.
"The next day we won. Kapil provided inspirational leadership and made India win the World Cup though we have lost to the West Indies in 1975 and 1979 and even in practice matches in 1983," he said.
He said self confidence, passion fearlessness and positive approach were the 'mantras' for success in any field.
Be Passionate About Profession Like Sachin: Srikkanth
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Finance Minister Announces Slew Of Measures To Boost Economy Amid Slowdown
- WATCH: Decoding What Nirmala Sitharaman's Announcements To Boost Economy Mean
- Death By Debt: Indian Businesses Are Devastated, Tax Terror Adds To Woes
- PV Sindhu Not Smart, Says Kim Ji Hyun, Korean Coach Behind Badminton Star's Course Correction
- Should We Encourage Kuccha Receipts? Institutional Cleansing Part Of Improving Business Environment
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- Home, Vehicle, Other Retail Loans To Become Cheaper: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- SC To Hear Chidambaram's Appeal Against Arrest On Monday
- New India Will Not Allow Loot Of Money: PM Modi To Indian Diaspora In France
- Karnataka: Political Slugfest Erupts Between Congress, JD(S) As Siddaramaiah, Deve Gowda Trade Barbs
- Sindhu Assured Of Fifth Medal At Badminton Worlds
- Live, Windies vs India, 1st Test, Day 2, North Sound, Antigua
- FATF Asia-Pacific Group Puts Pakistan In 'Enhanced Blacklist'
- Roti Served With Salt As Mid-Day Meal For Primary School Students In UP