The BCCI today issued show cause notice to six cricketers, including star players Yuvraj Singh and Zaheer Khan, for their alleged involvement in a pub brawl after India's humiliating exit from Twenty20 World Cup in the West Indies.
Besides Yuvraj and Zaheer, show cause notices were served to Ashish Nehra, Rohit Sharma, Piyush Chawla and Ravindra Jadeja as well.
"Board secretary N Srinivasan signed the show cause notices served this afternoon," a top BCCI source said.
Although details of the notices are not known, it is learnt that the players have been given seven days' time to respond to the charge of getting involved in a pub brawl in St Lucia on May 11.
According to reports, six Indian cricketers were in the pub where the fans started taunting and abusing them for their failure to reach the semi-final and the cricketers reacted leading to the brawl.
Both Yuvraj and Nehra denied the brawl and even team manager Ranjib Biswal sought to play down the issue on his arrival from the West Indies.
But after Biswal submitted his report to BCCI President Shashank Manohar yesterday, its Chief Administrative Officer Ratnakar Shetty told reporters that the Board had conducted an inquiry into the incident and decided to crack the whip on the errant players.
"We conducted an inquiry over the incident in the West Indies that was widely reported in the media. After considering all the information that we have gathered, the President took the decision that the Board Secretary will issue show cause notices to those players," Shetty said.
BCCI Issues Show Cause Notice to Six Players
THE LATEST ISSUE
- India Sees Slight Dip In Covid Daily Count: Records 3,66,161 New Cases And 3,754 Deaths
- 34 Aligarh Muslim University Professors Succumb To Covid-19 In Last 18 Days
- 'Little Room For Judicial Interference': Centre To Supreme Court On Vaccine Policy
- Himanta Biswa Sarma Takes Oath As The CM Of Assam, Here Are The Names Of Other Ministers
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- Fact Check: Can You Get Covid Even After Vaccination? Govt Clarifies
- Can Hot Water Bath Or Drinking Warm Water Prevent Covid? Govt Answers
- Covid: What’s Fatal Black Fungus Infection?
- UP: Seven Held For Stealing Clothes Off Bodies And Selling Them
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- Dramatic Draw Not Enough To Keep Title In Real's Hands
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly