The BCCI today issued show cause notice to six cricketers, including star players Yuvraj Singh and Zaheer Khan, for their alleged involvement in a pub brawl after India's humiliating exit from Twenty20 World Cup in the West Indies.
Besides Yuvraj and Zaheer, show cause notices were served to Ashish Nehra, Rohit Sharma, Piyush Chawla and Ravindra Jadeja as well.
"Board secretary N Srinivasan signed the show cause notices served this afternoon," a top BCCI source said.
Although details of the notices are not known, it is learnt that the players have been given seven days' time to respond to the charge of getting involved in a pub brawl in St Lucia on May 11.
According to reports, six Indian cricketers were in the pub where the fans started taunting and abusing them for their failure to reach the semi-final and the cricketers reacted leading to the brawl.
Both Yuvraj and Nehra denied the brawl and even team manager Ranjib Biswal sought to play down the issue on his arrival from the West Indies.
But after Biswal submitted his report to BCCI President Shashank Manohar yesterday, its Chief Administrative Officer Ratnakar Shetty told reporters that the Board had conducted an inquiry into the incident and decided to crack the whip on the errant players.
"We conducted an inquiry over the incident in the West Indies that was widely reported in the media. After considering all the information that we have gathered, the President took the decision that the Board Secretary will issue show cause notices to those players," Shetty said.
BCCI Issues Show Cause Notice to Six Players
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Finance Minister Announces Slew Of Measures To Boost Economy Amid Slowdown
- WATCH: Decoding What Nirmala Sitharaman's Announcements To Boost Economy Mean
- Rahul Gandhi, Other Opposition Leaders To Visit Jammu and Kashmir Today
- PV Sindhu Not Smart, Says Kim Ji Hyun, Korean Coach Behind Badminton Star's Course Correction
- Should We Encourage Kuccha Receipts? Institutional Cleansing Part Of Improving Business Environment
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- PM Modi Arrives In UAE To Strenghten Bilateral Ties
- Home, Vehicle, Other Retail Loans To Become Cheaper: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- Death By Debt: Indian Businesses Are Devastated, Tax Terror Adds To Woes
- New India Will Not Allow Loot Of Money: PM Modi To Indian Diaspora In France
- SC To Hear Chidambaram's Appeal Against Arrest On Monday
- Sindhu Assured Of Fifth Medal At Badminton Worlds
- Live, Windies vs India, 1st Test, Day 2, North Sound, Antigua
- FATF Asia-Pacific Group Puts Pakistan In 'Enhanced Blacklist'