She made her much-talked about debut opposite the 'badshah' of Bollywood Shah Rukh Khan, but it is her third and upcoming film Band Baaja Baarat which is the most important movie in her career, says actress Anushka Sharma.
The actress who shot to instant fame with her role in the 2008 hit Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, says that she was a lot more involved in the making of her latest film.
"This is one film which I have thought about a lot. When compared to my first two films, there is too much of me out here, which only makes it further special and important. Right through its making, my mind was constantly occupied just with this film," the 22-year-old told PTI.
Anushka plays Shruti, an enterprising wedding planner in the film which marks the debut of Ranveer Singh, who plays her partner Bittu.
"The entire experience of working on this film has gone so deep down in my psyche that I can anything about it now; I am so clear about every aspect of it," said Anushka who is hoping to score a hat trick of hits with the film.
Band Baaja... is her third film with Yash Raj banner after her debut effort Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi and more recently Badmaash Company.
"The very title Band Bajaa Baaraat represents the whole energy and fervour of the film. The film has a backdrop of wedding planners, the characters which are played by Ranveer and myself. The film is also coming at just the right time this festive season," said the actress who began her career as a ramp model.
Over the last few months, quite a few romcoms have hit the screen though they have all met with diverse results. I Hate Luv Storys was the most successful of all, Anjaana Anjaani proved to be an average affair, Aisha came and went while Break Ke Baad is currently struggling to find an audience.
Band Baaja.., Anushka says has all the ingredients of a great rom-com.
"You will see that very emotion is quite well packed in Band Bajaa Baaraat. The scenes are pretty light and even serious moments are conveyed in an lighter tone. We are not trying to make people cry. The film stays sweet throughout and you would come out with a smile on your face. Rest assured, our film has everything that you can expect in a rom-com," said the actress.
The film written by Habib Faisal and directed by Maneesh Sharma releases all over on 10th December.
'Band Bajaa...' Most Important Film for Anushka
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Union Budget of India, Live Updates: Govt Proposes To Streamline Multiple Labour Laws, Says FM
- Haren Pandya Murder Case: SC Convicts 12 Persons For Killing Ex-Gujarat Home Minister
- Kulbhushan Jadhav Case: UN Court To Deliver Verdict On India's Appeal On July 17
- Budget 2019: Red Cloth For Documents Instead Of Briefcase 'Departure From Slavery Of Western Thought'
- PAK Vs BAN: We Will Try To Score 500: Sarfaraz
- Let Not 'Jai Shri Ram' Be Misused As 'Allahu Akbar'
- Trump's America Is Once Again Locking Horns With Iran. What Should India Do?
- Do Driving And Education Have A Connection?
- Ola, Ole! How's The Patient Doing?
- Salman Khan’s Fears Misplaced, No Reviewer Can Make Or Mar A Film Destined For Greatness
- With No Malls, No App-Based Economy, Kashmir Stuck At Where It Was 2 Decades Ago
- Budget 2019: India Needs Structural Reforms To Become $5 Trillion Economy, Says Sitharaman
- MLA Nitesh Rane, 16 Supporters Arrested For Pouring Mud On Engineer
- UP On Alert Over Reports Of Protest By Muslims On Friday
- Budget 2019: What Industry And Business Leaders Expect
- Centre Orders Probe Into Jet Airways Over Alleged Mismanagement, Siphoning of funds
- AAP's Raghav Chadha Moves Court Challenging South Delhi LS Poll Result
- Rahul Gandhi Takes Cocaine, Says BJP MP Subramanian Swamy
- Decoded: Why ‘300’ Figures In All Airbus Civilian Jetliners