The RJD today urged the Centre to confer the highest civilian honour, Bharat Ratna, posthumously on Verghee Kurien for revolutionizing the concept of cooperative movement in India.
The Centre should confer the 'Bharat Ratna' to Kurien, known as the father of 'Operation Flood' and 'Milk Man of India for the way he promoted millions of milk producers and found a market for them, Leader of the Opposition Abdul Bari Siddique said in a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Award Kurien 'Bharat Ratna' Posthumously: RJD
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Private Traders Saw Second Wave Coming, Hoarded Oxygen But Government Didn’t
- ‘Will Covid Vaccine Kill Or Make Me Impotent?’ Villagers Question, Say No To Vaccine
- Predicting Shortage, Parliamentary Panel Had Urged Centre To Ramp Up Vaccine Production
- Split Of Votes Between Congress-led Front, AJP-RD Saved BJP's Skin
- Some Oxygen For Siddique Kappan, Please?
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Retail Inflation Drops To 4.29% In April, Says Govt Data
- The Dravidian Wall: Patience, Experience Paid Off For DMK’s Stalin
- Modi’s War Against Covid: From ‘Timely & Tough’ to ‘Worrying’
- Column| Vaccine Patent Waiver: Responsible Play, Go With India
- 25 Escape From Covid Centre In Tripura
- Nurses: Covid Warriors And Real Bravehearts
- Can Thakur Fill In For Pandya - India Bowling Coach Has His Say
- COVID Crisis: I’ve Stopped Watching, Reading News - Neeraj Chopra