The incidents of racial attacks on Indians in Australia were things of the past as many Indians were feeling safe for now, former Australian captain Adam Gilchrist said here today.
"Which ever Indian I have spoken to, he has told me he is feeling safe living in Australia. Nothing has happened in the recent past," he told reporters at a promotional campaign of Wollongong University, of which he is the brand ambassador.
Gilchrist, however, condemned the racial attacks saying that no Australian could be proud of racial attacks on Indians. "No foreign student should be received in this manner," he suggested.
Gilchrist also said a very thin minority of the Australian community indulged in racial attacks on Indians.
He, however, said the environment at Wollongong University was cordial and safe. "There were no such incident at the university campus," Gilchrist said.
Attacks on Indians in Aus Things of the Past: Gilchrist
THE LATEST ISSUE
- JEE Advanced Cut Off Lowest In Recent Years, Here’s Why?
- RCB Vs DC: Vibrant Delhi Rout Bangalore By 59 Runs To Go Top Of Table
- In Absence Of Ailing Paswan, Son Chirag Left To Fight His Own Battle In Bihar Polls
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- Hathras Case: Forensic Report That Denied Rape Contains No Value, Say Medical Experts
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- Ashwin Leaves Finch With 'Mankading' Warning
- Reopening Of Schools After Months Of Lockdown
- Trio Wins Nobel Prize In Medicine For Discovery Of Hepatitis C Virus
- FIR Registration Should Be Made Compulsory For All States: Gehlot
- Smriti Irani Calls Rahul Gandhi A 'VIP Kisan'
- Scientists Say ‘Feluda’ Test Could Help India Battle COVID-19
- Foreign Secretary, Army Chief Of India Visit Myanmar
- Delhi Capitals Will Be Hard To Beat In IPL 2020, Says RCB Skipper Virat Kohli