Names of 20 candidates among the 529 aspirants have been rejected by the Election Commission on the last date of scrutiny for the first phase of poll scheduled on April 4.
Additional chief election officer M C Sahu told PTI yesterday that names of the 20 candidates had been rejected and now 509 aspirants were in the fray in the first phase.
March 21 is the last day of withdrawal of candidates foe this phase.
Elections will be held for 62 assembly constituencies on April 4 and 64 seats on April 11 respectively.
Assam Poll: Names of 20 Candidates Rejected
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- STOP PRESS!
- Coronavirus: Rs 15,000 Crore Allocated To Strengthen Healthcare, Declares PM
- Coronavirus: Cases In India Rise To 519, Death Toll Reaches 10
- India Under Lockdown: Here Are The Services That Will Remain Open During Next 21 Days
- Postponing Tokyo Olympics: The Challenges, And Silver Lining
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- 'Release All Detainees, Restore 4G': Omar 's First Word After Detention
- Economists, Activists Urge Govt For Coronavirus Relief Package For Poor
- Coronavirus Lockdown: Know Your Essential Services
- After Coronavirus, Man Dies Of Hantavirus In China: Report
- First Violence, Now Coronavirus, Delhi's Riot Victims Have Nowhere To Go
- Coronavirus: India Exercised Social Distancing Well, But Are We Prepared For Next Stage?
- Police Clear Anti-CAA Protest Site At Shaheen Bagh Amid COVID-19 Fears
- What Does Lockdown Mean For IPL?