Names of 20 candidates among the 529 aspirants have been rejected by the Election Commission on the last date of scrutiny for the first phase of poll scheduled on April 4.
Additional chief election officer M C Sahu told PTI yesterday that names of the 20 candidates had been rejected and now 509 aspirants were in the fray in the first phase.
March 21 is the last day of withdrawal of candidates foe this phase.
Elections will be held for 62 assembly constituencies on April 4 and 64 seats on April 11 respectively.
Assam Poll: Names of 20 Candidates Rejected
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Calcutta HC To Review No-Go Orders For Puja Pandals Today
- KXIP Vs DC: Hooda Takes Punjab Home After Pooran Fifty
- Will Rahul, Priyanka Join Bypoll Campaign? Don’t Hold Your Breath
- Ahead Of Polls, Bengal Braces For Bloodbath
- Health Minister Hails Outlook Poshan Campaign
- Why Jofra Archer, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje Making IPL A Connoisseur’s Delight
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- My Heart Keeps Reaching New Limits, Says KL Rahul
- PM Modi's Address To The Nation: Lockdown Is Over But Virus Is Not Gone
- Principle Of Self-Determination Deliberately Misused: India Slams Pak
- Bihar Elections: Will Chirag Paswan's Gamble Of Going It Alone Pay Off?
- Massive Festive Sales Brings Hope And Cheer To E-Tailers
- Parents Fume Over Govt Decision To Open Schools Partially
- 6 Arrested From Kangra, Shimla Over Bus Conductors’ Recruitment Scam
- Messi On Target As Pique Sees Red