The family members of Bollywood legend Ashok Kumar have expressed unhappiness over the films chosen in the retrospective dedicated to the star at the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) 2010.
The actor, fondly remembered as 'Dada Moni' by his fans and the film fraternity, is being paid a special tribute at IIFI, India's oldest film festival, to mark his birth centenary.
Anuradha and Bandini are the two films being screened in the retrospective, but the choice of films could have been better, rued his relatives.
"The selection of the films could have been better. Dada moni only has a small part in Bandini. They should have screened movies like Aashirwad, Mahal, Kismat. I want my uncle to be seen in every frame," said Amit Kumar, who is the son of the actor's younger brother and fellow legend Kishore Kumar.
The yesteryears superstar was fondly remembered as a "sensitive guy" by his granddaughter Anuradha Patel who regaled the audience with anecdotes about her grandfather including one about his hidden talent as a naked painter.
"Once he was asked to come to a painting exhibition and paint. He repeatedly refused and later confessed that he can paint only in the bathroom when naked," recalled Patel.
Patel said that she was really happy about Indian Railways choosing Rail Gaadi, sung by Kumar in the film Aashirwad as their promotional song.
"It is wonderful that the song is used. Somebody told me that they don't have rights for the song but it's good that the song is being used," she said.
Centenaries of five unforgettable cinema talents, Ashok Kumar, BR Panthulu, Motilal, Nadia and Raja Paranjpe, are also being observed by showing their films.
Ashok Kumar's Kin Unhappy with Films in IFFI Tribute
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Muzaffer Ahmad, The Budgam Doctor Who Steadfastly 'Captures' COVID-19 Victims
- Coronavirus Outbreak Live Updates: Confirmed Cases Soar To 271 In India
- Singer Kanika Kapoor Booked For Negligence, Spreading Coronavirus In Lucknow
- The Viral Learning Curve: Universities And Classes In The Time Of Corona
- Coronavirus: UP Govt To Give Rs 1,000 To Lakhs Of Daily Wage Labourers, Construction Workers
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Janata Curfew: No Passenger Train To Run From Midnight To 10 PM On Sunday
- I Have Great Respect For China, It Is Unfortunate That Virus Got Out Of Control: Donald Trump
- Coronavirus: Maharashtra Shuts Offices Till March 31; Delhi Malls Closed
- 'You Are Not Invincible': WHO To Youth Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
- Some To Protest From Balconies Against NRC, CAA During Janta Curfew
- Delhi Metro Services To Be Closed On Sunday Due To Janata Curfew
- Coronavirus: Who's Saying What Over Status Of Tokyo Olympics
- COVID-19: Indian Tennis Players Work On Future Ventures During Forced Break