The family members of Bollywood legend Ashok Kumar have expressed unhappiness over the films chosen in the retrospective dedicated to the star at the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) 2010.
The actor, fondly remembered as 'Dada Moni' by his fans and the film fraternity, is being paid a special tribute at IIFI, India's oldest film festival, to mark his birth centenary.
Anuradha and Bandini are the two films being screened in the retrospective, but the choice of films could have been better, rued his relatives.
"The selection of the films could have been better. Dada moni only has a small part in Bandini. They should have screened movies like Aashirwad, Mahal, Kismat. I want my uncle to be seen in every frame," said Amit Kumar, who is the son of the actor's younger brother and fellow legend Kishore Kumar.
The yesteryears superstar was fondly remembered as a "sensitive guy" by his granddaughter Anuradha Patel who regaled the audience with anecdotes about her grandfather including one about his hidden talent as a naked painter.
"Once he was asked to come to a painting exhibition and paint. He repeatedly refused and later confessed that he can paint only in the bathroom when naked," recalled Patel.
Patel said that she was really happy about Indian Railways choosing Rail Gaadi, sung by Kumar in the film Aashirwad as their promotional song.
"It is wonderful that the song is used. Somebody told me that they don't have rights for the song but it's good that the song is being used," she said.
Centenaries of five unforgettable cinema talents, Ashok Kumar, BR Panthulu, Motilal, Nadia and Raja Paranjpe, are also being observed by showing their films.
Ashok Kumar's Kin Unhappy with Films in IFFI Tribute
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Finance Minister Announces Slew Of Measures To Boost Economy Amid Slowdown
- WATCH: Decoding What Nirmala Sitharaman's Announcements To Boost Economy Mean
- Death By Debt: Indian Businesses Are Devastated, Tax Terror Adds To Woes
- PV Sindhu Not Smart, Says Kim Ji Hyun, Korean Coach Behind Badminton Star's Course Correction
- Should We Encourage Kuccha Receipts? Institutional Cleansing Part Of Improving Business Environment
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- Home, Vehicle, Other Retail Loans To Become Cheaper: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- SC To Hear Chidambaram's Appeal Against Arrest On Monday
- New India Will Not Allow Loot Of Money: PM Modi To Indian Diaspora In France
- Karnataka: Political Slugfest Erupts Between Congress, JD(S) As Siddaramaiah, Deve Gowda Trade Barbs
- Sindhu Assured Of Fifth Medal At Badminton Worlds
- Live, Windies vs India, 1st Test, Day 2, North Sound, Antigua
- FATF Asia-Pacific Group Puts Pakistan In 'Enhanced Blacklist'
- Roti Served With Salt As Mid-Day Meal For Primary School Students In UP