Cartoonist Aseem Trivedi, who will be seen in reality show Bigg Boss, says he will continue his fight against corruption and aims to gather more support through the show.
The 25-year-old cartoonist was arrested in September this year for allegedly depicting the national symbols in poor light in his cartoons. He was later granted bail.
"I want to reach out to people...I want to spread the message of fighting against corruption through the show. There will be celebrities on the show and I am hopeful that I would be able to convince them to be a part of this anti-corruption movement," Trivedi told PTI, before entering the Bigg Boss house.
"I have been spreading the message through my cartoons. I want more and more people to become part of this anti-corruption movement," the cartoonist, who has been associated with Anna Hazare's movement against corruption, said.
The Maharashtra government is likely to drop the sedition charge against Trivedi.
"I have also heard that the state government is going to drop sedition charges against me. They have been saying this for quite some time. I am happy it is happening. I hope this does not happen with any other cartoonist," he said.
Aseem was reportedly approached by the Colors channel for Bigg Boss immediately after he came out of jail.
"I have been told that this time there will be no controversy, fights and that the show will be different. Ultimately it is about behaving well with others. If you behave well then others would behave in the same manner.
"I will be myself on the show. There is no strategy or plan as such. I want to be in the company of good people. If I am good to others they will be good to me as well," he said.
Aseem Trivedi in Bigg Boss to Gather Support Against Graft
PTI Photo/Santosh Hirlekar
THE LATEST ISSUE
- India Sees Slight Dip In Covid Daily Count: Records 3,66,161 New Cases And 3,754 Deaths
- 34 Aligarh Muslim University Professors Succumb To Covid-19 In Last 18 Days
- 'Little Room For Judicial Interference': Centre To Supreme Court On Vaccine Policy
- Himanta Biswa Sarma To Take Oath As Assam CM Today, Here Are The Other Probable Ministers
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- Fact Check: Can You Get Covid Even After Vaccination? Govt Clarifies
- Can Hot Water Bath Or Drinking Warm Water Prevent Covid? Govt Answers
- Covid: What’s Fatal Black Fungus Infection?
- UP: Seven Held For Stealing Clothes Off Bodies And Selling Them
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- Dramatic Draw Not Enough To Keep Title In Real's Hands
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly