Revolutionary folk artist and balladeer Gaddar tonight said that the Telangana Praja Front, floated by him, would work with the sole objective of getting a bill introduced in Parliament for the formation of separate Telangana state.
"Our primary objective is introduction of a bill in Parliament. Ours is a political force and not a political party. We feel that only people's movements would achieve the goal," he told reporters after a meeting Front's ad-hoc committee.
Gaddar said he and the members of the Front would tour villages in Telangana districts to strengthen the Telangana statehood demand.
The Front would explain to the people the announcement made by Union Home Minister P Chidambaram last year in favour of separate Telangana and that the process needs to be completed, he said.
He said the Front would seek to pile up pressure on MPs for introduction of the bill for Telangana in Parliament and also strive for uplift of backward classes vis-a-vis separate Telangana formation.
To a query, he said the Front would not contest in elections.
Some members wanted the Front to contest elections and moved away from the outfit but their views have been taken note of, Gaddar said.
He further said he would tour non-Telangana regions to drum up support for separate Telangana.
AP:Gaddar's Telangana Front to Strive for Statehood Bill
THE LATEST ISSUE
- As Assam CM, Himanta Biswa Sarma Finally Lives His Dream
- Lockdown In Delhi Extended Till May 17: Arvind Kejriwal
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- 'Have Lost Courage’: YouTuber Rahul Vohra Dies Hours After Predicting His Death On Facebook
- Tamil Nadu's New Health Minister MA Subramanian Is Also A Marathon Runner
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Cong Leader Mallikarjun Kharge Urges PM Modi To Hold All-Party Meeting
- Alarmed By Deaths Of Teachers In AMU, VC Urges ICMR To Study Covid Variant
- As India Battles The Virus, Let Us Not Weaken National Resolve
- Sikh Body Provides Oxygen Concentrators To Covid Patients
- Sisodia Says ‘Heinous Crime To Export Vaccine When People Dying In India'
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- AFC Cup: Bengaluru FC's Play-off Postponed After COVID Protocol Breach
- T20 World Cup Could Be Postponed Or Shifted From India: Ian Chappell