Followers of Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy staged protests all over Krishna district immediately after the announcement of his resignation from the Congress party today.
They demanded that the Congress High Command should not accept his resignation and also not to take action against him.
Many youths gathered at Congress office at Vijayawada to show their solidarity with Jagan Reddy and raised slogans in his favour.
At Gudivada, his followers damaged the office of Congress and burnt the effigy of Sonia Gandhi. While at Vissannapet, seven elected members of local self-governing bodies announced their resignations in support of Jagan.
Malladi Vishnu, Congress MLA from Vijayawada Central almost broke down while talking about the resignation. He has requested the high command not to take action against Jagan and respect his views.
Jagan supporters staged protests in various parts of the YSR district (Kadapa) and extended their support to him.
District Congress Committee office bearers resigned from their posts, as well as primary membership of the party, along with office bearers of many associate divisions of Congress.
PCC secretary E V Sudhakar and Badvel ZPTC member Nagarjuna Reddy were among those to have resigned from the party.
Meanwhile, Congress workers staged a dharna before the district Congress office and replaced its name 'Indira Bhavan' with 'YSR Bhavan'.
Jagan supporters also burnt the effigies of Congress president Sonia Gandhi and raised slogans against her in many parts of the district.
The protesters forcibly shut down government offices at Pullampeta and B Kodur, while organising road blockade at many places.
Peaceful demonstrations were held in Pulivendula constituency, home town of Jagan.
In Guntur district, Jagan supporters burnt the effigy of Gandhi, and took out rallies while raising slogans against her.
In Tadepalli town, a statue of the country's first Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru was desecrated.
AP: Jagan's Followers Stage Protest in Krishna District
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Hateras And Us: Dalit Death Symptom Of Graver Malaise
- I&B Ministry Can Cancel Channel's Licence: Manish Tewari
- SRH Vs KXIP: Rashid Khan Reflects On Damage Scoreboard Pressure Can Do
- RBI Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged At 4%: Governor Shaktikanta Das
- How Ram Vilas Paswan's Death May Impact Bihar Assembly Elections
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Staff Crunch Halts Airing Of Modi's Mann Ki Baat In 10 Countries
- Rs 10 Crore Fine Ready For Sasikala's Release, Says Lawyer
- Former CBI Director Ashwani Kumar’s Suicide Note Hints At Depression
- French Open: Teen Sensation Swiatek Storms Into Maiden Grand Slam Final
- Donald Trump ‘Safe’ To Return To Public Life: Doctors
- Farmers’ Outfits Call For Nationwide ‘Chaka Jam’ On November 3
- Republic TV Among 3 Channels Being Probed For TRP Manipulation
- Cricket Australia Should Not Bow Down To BCCI: Allan Border Slams CA