A California filmmaker linked to a provocative anti-Islam movie that has sparked widespread violence across the Muslim nations was taken to a Los Angeles police station for questioning.
Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, 55, was interviewed at the Los Cerritos station near his home, the local Sheriff's Deputy told the NBC news.
"He went to the Cerritos station to talk with probation officers. He's not under any arrest," Deputy Sherif Don Walker said.
Nakoula, a self-described Coptic Christian, has been identified by US Federal authorities as the key figure behind 'Innocence of Muslims', a film denigrating Islam that ignited mob violence against US embassies across the Middle East.
The questioning of Nakoula by police comes as Federal officials have said they were investigating the activities of Nakoula, who has been convicted of financial crimes.
The probation department is reviewing the case of Nakoula, who was previously convicted on bank fraud charges and was banned from using computers or the Internet as part of his sentence. The review is aimed at learning whether Nakoula violated the terms of his five-year probation.
Karen Redmond, a spokeswoman for the administrative office of the US courts, has confirmed he review is under way. If the probation department determines Nakoula violated terms of his release, a judge could send him back to prison.
Anti-Islamic Filmmaker Questioned by LA Police
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- For Allowing Export Of Hydroxychloroquine, India Deserves Applause, Not Criticism
- Domestic Violence Cases Across India Swell Since Coronavirus Lockdown
- A Wine-drinking Ex-Muslim's Defence Of The Tablighi Jamaat
- Centre Considering States' Request To Extend Lockdown: Govt Sources
- 'Will Supply Drug To Badly Hit Nations': India After Trump's Warning
- Bollywood Needs A New Ecosystem To Bring Its Economy Back On Track After Corona
- 'Corona Jihad', 'Tablighi Virus'...Would 'Mandir Virus' Be Okay In Such Intolerant Times?
- Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan Then and Now: Politics Of An Epic Kind
- Blog: Kashmiris Have Lived Through Many A Lockdown. They Could Advise World On How To Face One
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Sonia Gandhi Suggests PM Modi 5 Ways To Curb Expenses, Fight COVID-19
- Nitish Kumar Back To Facing A Calamity Bigger Than Kosi Floods In Poll Year
- WhatsApp Reduces Forward Message Limit To One Chat At A Time
- How Much-Maligned Air India is Coming to Country's Rescue
- Mehbooba’s Fairview Residence, Earlier Called Papa-2, Is Her Sub-Jail Now
- With Country Under Lockdown Coronavirus, Couple Gets Married Over Video Call
- COVID-19: Gavaskar Contributes Rs 59 Lakh, Unspecified Amount From Pujara
- Take COVID-19 Break As Bitter Pill; Stay Physically, Mentally Fit: Gopichand