Two Russian girls have alleged that a taxi driver attempted to rape them last night at Anjuna beach while they were returning from a Christmas party.
Both girls in their complaint lodged at Anjuna police station said they had to jump out of the taxi to escape from his clutches and hide in the woods for almost five hours waiting for the dawn.
Olga Tyurina (29) and Irina Babayan (25) were returning from a discotheque at Saligao in North Goa after attending Christmas party.
Both the girls, who know little English, have told police that an unidentified taxi driver, whom they had hired to drop them back to their hotel at Baga, took them to Anjuna beach.
The taxi driver who initially had agreed for Rs 300 took them by another road pretending to avoid police picketing at 2:20 am. He stopped at Anjuna beach and demanded Rs 1,000 instead, they said.
When we protested, he tried to grab us. We were horrified and jumped out of the taxi and took shelter in the woods nearby, they said.
The girls said they were in the jungle for almost five hours and left from there only in the morning. The police complaint was lodged this morning at 07.00.
Another Rape Attempt on Russian Women in Goa
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Relentless PV Sindhu Smashes Okuhara, 1st Indian To Win World Badminton Title
- Arun Jaitley Cremated With State Honours At Nigambodh Ghat In Delhi
- Shashi Tharoor Pens Tribute, Says Arun Jaitley Was Every Non-BJP Person’s Favourite BJP Person
- WI Vs IND, 1st Test, Day 4 LIVE: Vihari Joins Rahane After Kohli's Fall
- Spilling The Beans: How Murky Was Cafe Coffee Day Founder VG Siddartha's Death
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- Nothing More 'Anti-National' Than Shutting Down Of Democratic Rights In Kashmir: Priyanka Gandhi
- 3 Weeks After Article 370 Was Revoked, J&K State Flag Removed From Srinagar's Civil Secretariat
- Brazil Deploys 44,000 Troops To Fight Amazon Fires Amid International Outcry
- Watch: Kashmiri Woman Meets Rahul Gandhi On Flight From Srinagar, Shares J&K's Ordeal
- PM Modi Gives Nationwide Call To Observe September As 'Poshan Abhiyaan' Month
- Ashes Live, 3rd Test: ENG Lose Quick Wickets After Lunch
- PM Modi Meets Bahraini Crown Prince, Conferred 'The King Hamad Order Of The Renaissance'
- ‘We Considered Ourselves Indians... But Now Govt Has Changed Everything’