Another BJP minister in the Nitish Kumar-led NDA government, Prem Kumar, could be in trouble with the LJP today demanding his removal for allegedly suppressing information that he was declared an absconder in a case of rioting and assault by a court 15 years ago while filing his nomination for the assembly elections.
State unit LJP President Pashupati Kumar Paras told a press conference here that Kumar, the Urban Development Minister, was declared an absconder by the Chief Judicial Magistrate court in Gaya vide an order dated March 23, 1996 in connection with a case registered against him at the Kotwali police station five years earlier.
"The minister has not only been absconding in the case, but is also guilty of suppression of the case status in the affidavit submitted by him at the time of filing nomination to contest from the Gaya town assembly seat last year," he said.
The case was lodged under sections 147 (rioting), 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), 337 (causing hurt by endangering safety of others), and 353 (assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duties) of IPC, he said.
The charges against Kumar were grave and he should be sacked by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar without further delay, Paras demanded.
A LJP delegation will also approach the Election Commission of India seeking termination of Kumar's membership from the state assembly as he had hidden the details of the case in his affidavit, Paras said.
Kumar was not available for comment.
Paras also alleged that 14 of the 30 ministers in the NDA government had criminal cases against them and said that the chief minister should order their trial in special courts.
Earlier this month, BJP minister Ramadhar Singh who held the cooperative portfolio had to resign after the RJD alleged that he was declared an absconder by an Aurangabad district court 16 years ago in a case registered against him in 1992 for making an inflammatory and communal speech.
Singh later surrendered before a court and was sent in 14 days judicial remand.
Another Bihar Minister in Trouble?
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- ‘I Hope And Wish And Pray Bihar Doesn’t Throw Up A Khichdi Sarkar’
- MI Vs KXIP: Gayle Bosses Over Mumbai In Super Super Over Win
- People Were Unhappy When BJP Could Not Return To Power: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Will It Be Nitish Kumar For The Fourth Time? Or Are There Cracks In His Citadel?
- Deity, Donations And Divine Intervention
- Why Jofra Archer, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje Making IPL A Connoisseur’s Delight
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Crazy Sunday Witnesses Double Super Over - Explainer, Videos, Reactions
- SRH Vs KKR: Ferguson Sets Up Super Over Win For Kolkata
- Unplugged: 4 Ghost Stories, And The Crows
- Pollution May Increase Virus Transmissibility: Experts
- Whiskey Or Whisky – What's The Difference?
- Tourists Skip Shimla Hotels For Rural Homestays
- Cowherd's Son In Tamil Nadu Clears NEET, Seeks Financial Help To Study
- Time To Liberate Aksai Chin, Gilgit Baltistan, Says Kashmir BJP Chief