As Anna Hazare sat on a one-day fast demanding a strong Lokpal, Mahatma Gandhi's great grandson Tushar Gandhi today attacked the activist saying his methods are "not Gandhian" as they are becoming a "mere ritual".
"His methods are not Gandhian because this is now turning into a mere ritual that every time he lands up in Delhi, he goes to Rajghat. It does not seem to be that the inspiration carries any further than that...Because there is talk about beating up and hitting people," he said.
His remarks came as Hazare went to Rajghat and spent around half-an-hour meditating there.
"I would wish that more than the ritual, the understanding (of Gandhian principles) would be there, then the inspiration would be genuine," he said.
Anna's Methods Not Gandhian: Tushar Gandhi
THE LATEST ISSUE
- STOP PRESS!
- Coronavirus: Rs 15,000 Crore Allocated To Strengthen Healthcare, Declares PM
- Coronavirus Live Updates: Cases In India Soar to 519; Death Toll Reaches 10
- Tokyo Olympics Postponed Until 2021
- Coronavirus: India Exercised Social Distancing Well, But Are We Prepared For Next Stage?
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- 'Release All Detainees, Restore 4G': Omar 's First Word After Detention
- Economists, Activists Urge Govt For Coronavirus Relief Package For Poor
- Coronavirus Lockdown: Know Your Essential Services
- After Coronavirus, Man Dies Of Hantavirus In China: Report
- First Violence, Now Coronavirus, Delhi's Riot Victims Have Nowhere To Go
- Humour And Solitary Walks: Mental Health Advisory In Kashmir To Fight Corona Crisis
- Police Clear Anti-CAA Protest Site At Shaheen Bagh Amid COVID-19 Fears
- Will IPL Happen? Ganguly Doesn't Have An Answer