Choosing poll-bound Hisar as its next battlefield, Team Anna today said it would campaign against those by-election candidates there whose party chiefs refuse to give a written undertaking that they will support the Jan Lokpal Bill in Parliament.
"We want the Jan Lokpal bill to be an issue in the bypolls. The presidents of political parties should give the people of Hisar in writing that when the issue comes up in Parliament, they will support the Jan Lokpal Bill," Hazare's close associate Arvind Kejriwal told reporters here.
Bypoll is to be held in Hisar on October 13.
Kejriwal said they will not campaign in favour of any candidate, but will ask people not to vote for those who have not given their support to their version of the Lokpal Bill.
Hazare will issue a video-appeal to people of Hisar not to vote for anyone who has not given their support to the Jan Lokpal bill, he said.
From October 1, he said, members of India Against Corruption will go to Hisar and campaign against candidates and parties who have not pledged their support to the Jan Lokpal Bill.
"We want those who are not in support of the Jan Lokpal bill to lose very badly," he said, adding they will not campaign for any particular party or candidate.
However, he appealed to the people to vote for clean candidates who are supporting the bill and not the corrupt or those with criminal backgrounds who are supporting the bill.
When pointed out that Kuldeep Bishnoi of Haryana Janhit Party is contesting with the support of BJP, he said both HJP and BJP will have to give letters in support of the bill.
Asked about issues other than Jan Lokpal in Hisar ahead of the polls, lawyer Prashant Bhushan said one of the big issues will be the plan to set up nuclear plant in Hisar district as land of farmers are being acquired without their consent.
"We are not identifying any issues. But the nuclear plant has become a big issue," he said.
Anna to Oppose Hisar Poll Nominees Against Jan Lokpal
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Poll Violence: Bengal Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar Shown Black Flags In Sitalkuchi
- What Makes Some Vaccinated People More Susceptible To Covid-19 Than Others?
- Can A Person Get Re-Infected After Recovering From Covid?
- Govt Panel Suggests 12-16 Week Gap For Covishield, Covid Recovered Should Wait 6 Months
- Hockey Star Surender Kumar Reveals Battle With COVID And Lengthy Recovery
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Daily New Covid Cases Plateauing Over Past 3 Days: Govt
- UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam Postponed Amid Covid Surge
- NHRC Issues Notice To Centre, UP Govt Over Bodies Found In Ganga
- Polarisation Is Political Challenger’s Final Resort Before Elections
- Know Why Using Right Glassware Is Important While Mixing Your Drink
- Independent Music Doing Well As Labels Are Promoting It: Sonu Nigam
- Ramesh Powar Back As Head Coach Of Indian Women’s Cricket Team
- Japan Travel Ban: Nightmare For Tokyo Olympics-Bound Indian Athletes