Actor and Samajwadi Party Rajya Sabha member Jaya Bachchan has said that she would never contest Lok Sabha elections as her husband megastar Amitabh Bachchan does not want her to do so.
Asked whether she plans to contest 2014 Lok Sabha election from Bhadoi, which she has announced to develop as a model district, Jaya told reporters last evening that she would not contest election from anywhere because her husband Amitabh does not wish her to do so.
She said that if such a situation arises then he would ask her to sit at home.
On being asked about Amar Singh's re-entry into the SP, she said that it was a closed chapter, a star which has vanished.
The Rajya Sabha MP said that those who were saying that FDI came due to SP and BSP should understand that while BSP supported, SP walked out in protest.
Thus saying that SP and BSP were the same was wrong, she said.
Amitabh Forbids Jaya Bachchan From Contesting LS Polls
THE LATEST ISSUE
- STOP PRESS!
- Coronavirus Live Updates: Cases In India Soar to 519; Death Toll Reaches 10
- Tokyo Olympics Postponed Until 2021
- Coronavirus: India Exercised Social Distancing Well, But Are We Prepared For Next Stage?
- Centre Announces Economic Relief Measures Amid Coronavirus Lockdown
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- 'Release All Detainees, Restore 4G': Omar 's First Word After Detention
- Economists, Activists Urge Govt For Coronavirus Relief Package For Poor
- Coronavirus Lockdown: Know Your Essential Services
- After Coronavirus, Man Dies Of Hantavirus In China: Report
- First Violence, Now Coronavirus, Delhi's Riot Victims Have Nowhere To Go
- Humour And Solitary Walks: Mental Health Advisory In Kashmir To Fight Corona Crisis
- Police Clear Anti-CAA Protest Site At Shaheen Bagh Amid COVID-19 Fears
- Will IPL Happen? Ganguly Doesn't Have An Answer