A day after the Supreme Court allowed him to enter Gujarat after a gap of two years, former Minister and Narendra Modi aide Amit Shah, who is an accused in Soharabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case, today visited Somnath temple amid a warm reception by BJP.
After visiting the temple, Shah came to his residence in Ahmedabad, where he was welcomed by BJP workers.
Shah, who was arrested in July in 2010 and was granted bail by Gujarat High Court in October that year, arrived at Diu airport from Delhi from where he went straight to Somnath temple and offered prayers with his wife and son.
Later talking to reporters at Somnath temple, Shah, a close aide of chief minister Narendra Modi, alleged that the CBI probe against him was a handiwork of Congress.
He said he prayed for BJP's victory in the coming assembly polls. Shah was given a warm welcome by Junagadh BJP workers in Somnath.
Later in the evening, Shah arrived in Ahmedabad, where he was given a warm reception by the BJP in the presence of the state leaders.
"The way in which central government institutions are being misused in democracy, the only answer we can give to Congress is to work hard to win the coming state elections with massive majority," Shah said addressing party workers outside his residence.
"The state elections will decide the road to the 2014 national elections and the entire country is keenly watching the (state) elections," Shah said.
Supreme Court had yesterday rejected CBI plea to cancel Shah's bail and also granted him permission to enter his home state.
Amit Shah Returns to Gujarat
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Coronavirus: India's 75 Districts, Including All 7 In Delhi, Locked Down Till March 31
- Millions Of Indians Clap To Thank Those Fighting At Forefront Against Coronavirus
- Mridula S. Sree, The Rookie Nurse Who Treated A Wuhan-Returned Patient In An Isolation Ward
- Coronavirus Outbreak Live Updates: National Capital Locked Down As Positive Cases Soar To 341 In India
- Coronavirus: India's Partial Lockdown Reeks Of Class, Caste Bias Leaving Socially, Sexually Disadvantaged Groups Vulnerable
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Modi Thanks People For Expressing Gratitude Towards Those Fighting Covid-19
- Coronavirus: Railways Suspends All Passenger Trains From March 22-31
- Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Crosses 13,000 As 1 Billion Confined To Homes
- Private Firm Employees To Get Salaries During Delhi Lockdown: Kejriwal
- Petrol Bomb Hurled Near Shaheen Bagh Anti-CAA Protest Site
- Italy's Coronavirus Death Toll Rises By 793 In Biggest Single-Day Jump
- 'Bad Stain For NZ Cricket': McCullum Describes His Fallout With Taylor
- Olympics: IOC Asks Member Countries About Coronavirus Impact