A Tibetan forum today asked the Chinese government to allow the XIth Panchen Lama to meet his people in order to continue the centuries-old spiritual heritage of Tibet and its people.
"Panchen Rinpoche is now an adult and he should be allowed to make his own decisions in a free atmosphere," Tibetan Centre for Human Rights and Democracy's (TCHRD) Tenzin Norkyi and Jampel Monlam said, adding that the XIth Panchen Rinpoche of Tibet turned 22 today.
"His whereabouts is unknown till date. He and his parents continue to remain under enforced disappearance by the state. No reliable information is available whether they are even alive or not," they claimed.
In the past sixteen years, numerous governments and independent organizations have pressed Beijing to release Gedhun Choekyi Nyima (the XIth Panchem Lama) on grounds of Convention on Rights of the Child to which the Chinese government responded that the minor and his family have requested privacy, they said.
Panchem Lama is the second most important Tibetan institution after Dalai Lama.
Allow Panchen Lama to Meet Us: Tibetians to China
THE LATEST ISSUE
- India Sees Slight Dip In Covid Daily Count: Records 3,66,161 New Cases And 3,754 Deaths
- 34 Aligarh Muslim University Professors Succumb To Covid-19 In Last 18 Days
- 'Little Room For Judicial Interference': Centre To Supreme Court On Vaccine Policy
- Himanta Biswa Sarma To Take Oath As Assam CM Today, Here Are The Other Probable Ministers
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- Fact Check: Can You Get Covid Even After Vaccination? Govt Clarifies
- Can Hot Water Bath Or Drinking Warm Water Prevent Covid? Govt Answers
- Covid: What’s Fatal Black Fungus Infection?
- UP: Seven Held For Stealing Clothes Off Bodies And Selling Them
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- Dramatic Draw Not Enough To Keep Title In Real's Hands
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly