Ajay Devgan and Sanjay Dutt have been close friends for over a decade now and Rascals director David Dhawan says their chemistry helps bring out the best in the Tom & Jerry-like scenes in the upcoming comedy.
"The fact that Ajay and Sanju are such good friends is the best part of Rascals. When two actors have great rapport between them, it always shows on screen. The entire give and take between Ajay and Sanju is what brings maximum laughter in the film.
"For the audience it would be fun to watch the two of them in sequences which would be akin to 'Tom & Jerry' chase. I really enjoyed working with the two of them," Dhawan told PTI.
This isn't the first time that the duo has shared screen space. They have starred in films like All The Best, Mehbooba and Tango Charlie. Sanjay even did a voiceover for Ajay's Toonpur Ka Superrhero. Moreover, they had worked with Dhawan earlier in Hum Kisi Se Kum Nahin.
For someone who has worked in maximum number of films with the likes of Govinda, Salman Khan and Anil Kapoor in a career spanning over two decades, Dhawan promises his audience vintage stuff with Rascals.
"With Sanju and Ajay around I got the kind of actors that my script demanded and together both of them have improvised further on the scenes. This is the kind of value that senior actors bring to your film. As a director you just need to explain the scenes to them and then they just take them to a different level altogether," said Dhawan.
Both Sanjay, 52, and Ajay established themselves as action heroes in Bollywood. Though the former has tried his hand at comedy off and on, Ajay, 42, discovered his funny bone only in the past few years.
"Ajay is the surprise package of Rascals. He has done so very well and I was amazed to see his comic timing. Its amazing the way he has moulded himself in the genre," said Dhawan.
With Arjun Rampal in a special role, Kangna Ranaut as the leading lady and also featuring Chunky Pandey and Satish Kaushik, Rascals releases all over this Dussehra on October 6.
Ajay, Sanjay Are Like Tom & Jerry in 'Rascals': Dhawan
Joginder Tuteja/New Delhi
THE LATEST ISSUE
- As Assam CM, Himanta Biswa Sarma Finally Lives His Dream
- GST Exemption On Vaccine, Covid Drugs Will Make Them Costlier: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- Lockdown In Delhi Extended Till May 17: Arvind Kejriwal
- Tamil Nadu's New Health Minister MA Subramanian Is Also A Marathon Runner
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Cong Leader Mallikarjun Kharge Urges PM Modi To Hold All-Party Meeting
- Talks For National Alliance Of Opposition Parties To Start Soon: Raut
- YouTuber Rahul Vohra Dies Hours After Predicting His Death On Facebook
- Sikh Body Provides Oxygen Concentrators To Covid Patients
- Youth Congress President Steps Into Sonu Sood’s Shoes
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- Lewis Hamilton Wins Record-equalling Sixth Spanish Grand Prix
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly