After several allegations that his upcoming film Son of Sardaar hurts religious sentiments, actor-producer Ajay Devgn is all set to meet members of the Sikh community here and show them the film.
The 43-year-old actor would be coming down to Amritsar tomorrow with his friend, Bollywood star Sanjay Dutt, to meet SGPC (Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee) officials, Sikh lawyers and members of All India Sikh Student Federation (AISSF).
The film would be screened during the meeting in Amritsar.
On August 27, Karnail Singh, President of All India Sikh Student Federation (AISSF), in a letter to Jathedar Akal Takht Giani Gurbachan Singh had requested stern action against Ajay for blasphemous remarks against the community as shown in the film's trailer.
It was alleged that the official trailer, released on YouTube, shows the character of a Sikh in a bad light and contains demeaning dialogues like "If Sikhs were not there then who would have invented abuses..." and "Without Sardaars, on whom would have jokes been made".
Lead actor Ajay is shown as a turban wearing Sardar with the tattoo of Hindu Lord Shiva on his chest, which has also been termed as anti-Sikh.
Punjab and Haryana High Court Advocate Navkiran Singh in this regard had issued a legal notice to the makers of the film on August 16 asking them to delete the objectionable parts within 7 days of receipt of the legal notice. However, the producer and actor Ajay did not respond to the notice.
The film is directed by Ashwini Dhir and stars Sonakshi Sinha, Sanjay Dutt and Juhi Chawla.
Ajay had even issued a statement few days back that the film Son of Sardaar does not hurt anybody's sentiments and that he has a lot of respect for the community and culture.
"At no point anybody will find any element of disrespect. The protagonist of the film is a Sardaar, so the film will showcase a very positive projection of the community. One could just wait for the release and then come up with their comments and opinion," Ajay had said.
Ajay Devgn to Meet Sikh Community Over Son of Sardaar
THE LATEST ISSUE
- As Assam CM, Himanta Biswa Sarma Finally Lives His Dream
- GST Exemption On Vaccine, Covid Drugs Will Make Them Costlier: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- Lockdown In Delhi Extended Till May 17: Arvind Kejriwal
- Tamil Nadu's New Health Minister MA Subramanian Is Also A Marathon Runner
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Cong Leader Mallikarjun Kharge Urges PM Modi To Hold All-Party Meeting
- Talks For National Alliance Of Opposition Parties To Start Soon: Raut
- YouTuber Rahul Vohra Dies Hours After Predicting His Death On Facebook
- Sikh Body Provides Oxygen Concentrators To Covid Patients
- Youth Congress President Steps Into Sonu Sood’s Shoes
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- Lewis Hamilton Wins Record-equalling Sixth Spanish Grand Prix
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly