Bollywood's star couple--Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai--are expecting their first baby.
Superstar Amitabh Bachchan, the expectant granddad and Abhishek's father, spilled the beans on the microblogging site Twitter tonight to say his daughter-in-law Aishwarya is pregnant.
"NEWS NEWS NEWS !! I AM GOING TO BECOME A GRANDFATHER .. AISHWARYA EXPECTING .. SO HAPPY AND THRILLED !!!," Bachchan Sr tweeted.
The baby will be the couple's first child.
Abhishek(35) and Aishwarya(37) tied the knot on April 20, 2007.
Aishwarya has not personally confirmed she is pregnant. But Archana Sadanand, the publicist for the former Miss World, said there is nothing more to add other than what Amitabh had said.
Aishwarya recently signed for Madhur Bhandarkar's ambitious project Heroine.
The cyberspace was abuzz with comments relating to Aishwarya's apparent weight gain seeing her walk the red carpet at the Cannes film festival last month.
Aishwarya Expecting, Happy and Thrilled: Amitabh
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Who Next? The Big Fear Troubling Congress After Chidambaram’s Arrest
- Chidambaram Sent To CBI Custody Till August 26 In INX Media Case
- OPINION | Puppets On A Chain, Kashmir's 'Pro-India' Parties NC, PDP Dug Their Own Grave
- India's Fresh Challenge On Kashmir: Engage With Donald Trump But Without Opening Another Front
- ISRO Releases First Image Of Moon Captured By Chandrayaan-2
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- INX Media: The Case That Led To Chidambaram's Downfall
- Chidambaram Spends Night At CBI Headquarters Whose Inauguration He Attended In 2011
- Will Swap 100 Acres Of Land For Ravidas Temple Construction: Kejriwal After Protesters Swarm Delhi
- Badminton Worlds: Sindhu, Praneeth Enter Quarters; Srikanth, Prannoy Out
- Oil Companies Stop Fuel Supply To Air India At Six Airports Due To Non-payment Of Dues
- Live, West Indies v India, 1st Test, Day 1, Antigua
- Rajiv Gandhi Got Massive Mandate In 1984, But Didn’t Use It To Create Atmosphere Of Fear: Sonia Gandhi
- Demonising Modi All The Time Won't Help, It's Time We Recognise His Work: Jairam Ramesh