Pankaj Kapoor's upcoming movie 'Mausam' is in fresh trouble with the Railway Ministry taking "strong" objection to a scene, where the actor is seen speeding in a car through an unmanned level crossing in front of an approaching train, as it feels that it could encourage youngsters to engage in such dangerous actions.
Concerned over increase in number of mishaps at unmanned crossings which have claimed more than 130 lives in recent past, Railways have decided to take up the matter with the makers of the movie asking them to carry a disclaimer that the they do not endorse such acts and these should not be replicated.
"The scene apart, we are also concerned over the fact that it is enacted by actor Shahid Kapoor who is popular among the youths," said a senior railway official, adding, a letter would be sent to the film unit soon. The promos with the particular scene are currently being aired by TV channels.
The movie had earlier raised hackles of Air Force which objected to a 30-second aerial action sequence with Shahid who plays an Air Force pilot.
Last week, the Indian Air Force (IAF) had objected to certain action scenes in the film, where the actor plays the role of a fighter pilot.
After IAF, Railways Raises 'Strong' Objection to 'Mausam'
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Finance Minister Announces Slew Of Measures To Boost Economy Amid Slowdown
- WATCH: Decoding What Nirmala Sitharaman's Announcements To Boost Economy Mean
- Death By Debt: Indian Businesses Are Devastated, Tax Terror Adds To Woes
- PV Sindhu Not Smart, Says Kim Ji Hyun, Korean Coach Behind Badminton Star's Course Correction
- Should We Encourage Kuccha Receipts? Institutional Cleansing Part Of Improving Business Environment
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- Home, Vehicle, Other Retail Loans To Become Cheaper: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- SC To Hear Chidambaram's Appeal Against Arrest On Monday
- New India Will Not Allow Loot Of Money: PM Modi To Indian Diaspora In France
- Karnataka: Political Slugfest Erupts Between Congress, JD(S) As Siddaramaiah, Deve Gowda Trade Barbs
- Sindhu Assured Of Fifth Medal At Badminton Worlds
- Live, Windies vs India, 1st Test, Day 2, North Sound, Antigua
- FATF Asia-Pacific Group Puts Pakistan In 'Enhanced Blacklist'
- Roti Served With Salt As Mid-Day Meal For Primary School Students In UP