Lashing out at the Congress-led UDF government, opposition leader V S Achuthanandan today alleged that the Kerala government was trying to protect Congress leader P J Kurien in the Suryanelli gang-rape case.
"The state government's approach is to protect Kurien in the case. It is condemnable," he told reporters here.
The victim has been repeating the same statement what she had said 17 years ago on the issue, the veteran CPI(M) leader said.
"The girl's mother has also written letter to AICC president Sonia Gandhi on the issue. You (media) also might have read it," he said.
The Congress leader has all along rejected the charge and the demand for his resignation from the post of Deputy Chairman of the Rajya Sabha, saying it was a matter which had already been cleared by the Supreme Court.
To a question on his next step after receiving the case diary relating to the 'Ice cream parlour' case, Achuthanandan said, "all necessary things will be done. I will go to the High Court and Supreme Court."
On senior CPI(M) leader M M Mani's controversial remarks at a public meeting in Kozhikode district that all attacks the party had carried out at Onchiyam were "part of CPI(M)'s resistance", he said such remarks were "unnecessary."
Marxist rebel leader T P Chandrasekharan was killed on May 4 last year at Onchiyam in the district.
Achuthanandan Accuses UDF of Trying to Protect Kurien
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Joe Biden To Be Next US President
- Kamala Harris: The Inspiring Story Of Many Firsts
- Don’t Overestimate The US Election Impact On South Asia
- Bihar Exit Polls 2020: It Is Advantage RJD-Led Alliance Over Nitish Kumar-Led NDA
- Harsh Vardhan: 22% Of Indians Will Be Vaccinated By Sept 21
- Why Jofra Archer, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje Making IPL A Connoisseur’s Delight
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Why Can’t Muslims Pray At Temples And Hindus At Mosques?
- SII Committed To 400 Million Doses Before End Of 2020: AstraZeneca VP
- FIR Against Corporate Lobbyist Niira Radia For Funds Embezzlement
- VacScene: 30 Cr People To Get Covid-19 Vaccine. You, One Of Them?
- Rhea's Brother Showik Seeks Bail Again, To Be Heard Next Week
- 'We Questioned Goswami's Arrested, We Didn't Demand His Release'
- I-League 2020-21 Matches To Start On Jan 9: AIFF
- Virat Might Miss Last Two Test Matches To be With Anushka For Child Birth