A local court today refused to accept exemption from personal appearance of one of the accused in a defamation case against reality TV show Rakhi Ka Insaaf and its host Rakhi Sawant.
The court refused to accept exemption from personal appearance of the accused Shrinath Prabhala, Creative Director of UTV Software Communication Ltd, and directed him to appear before it on February 25.
His lawyer, Arvind Kumar, had earlier filed an application seeking exemption from his personal appearance, saying his client could not appear in the court due to urgent business work and sought two weeks time to appear.
The court, however, considering his plea, did not issue a warrant against him and issued summon instead, sources said.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Jyotsana Singh had on January 20 issued summons to Rakhi Sawant, host of reality show Rakhi Ka Insaaf, and seven others in a defamation case and directed them to appear before it on February 10.
Singh had issued summons after taking cognisance of a complaint filed by Narendra Singh in November last year, claiming that his wife Sunita Singh was wrongly shown as married to someone else on the show.
Narendra had filed charges of defamation, obscenity and indecent representation of a woman, among others.
Accused in 'Rakhi Ka Insaaf' Case Denied Exemption
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Finance Minister Announces Slew Of Measures To Boost Economy Amid Slowdown
- WATCH: Decoding What Nirmala Sitharaman's Announcements To Boost Economy Mean
- Death By Debt: Indian Businesses Are Devastated, Tax Terror Adds To Woes
- PV Sindhu Not Smart, Says Kim Ji Hyun, Korean Coach Behind Badminton Star's Course Correction
- Should We Encourage Kuccha Receipts? Institutional Cleansing Part Of Improving Business Environment
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- Home, Vehicle, Other Retail Loans To Become Cheaper: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- SC To Hear Chidambaram's Appeal Against Arrest On Monday
- New India Will Not Allow Loot Of Money: PM Modi To Indian Diaspora In France
- Karnataka: Political Slugfest Erupts Between Congress, JD(S) As Siddaramaiah, Deve Gowda Trade Barbs
- Sindhu Assured Of Fifth Medal At Badminton Worlds
- Live, Windies vs India, 1st Test, Day 2, North Sound, Antigua
- FATF Asia-Pacific Group Puts Pakistan In 'Enhanced Blacklist'
- Roti Served With Salt As Mid-Day Meal For Primary School Students In UP