Rakhi Sawant has been absolved of abetment of suicide charge by the police in a case where a youth died after participating in the controversial reality show Rakhi ka Insaf hosted by her.
Sawant has not been charged under 306 (abetment of suicide) and 120 (cheating) of IPC in a charge sheet prepared by the police though she was booked for the offences in the case lodged against her and others on November 12 last year after the mother of the youth, Laxman, claimed that he was humiliated on the show and died due to depression.
Police officer K L Sagar said today that the youth died of natural causes. Sawant has now been charged with sections 294 (obscene act in any public place), 500 and 501 (defamation) and 504 (insult intended to promote breach of peace) of IPC.
Along with Sawant, others who have been charged with are director Kuldeep Singh and producer Indrajeet Singh, Additional Superintendent of Police Jagdish Singh said.
Sagar said that the charge sheet will be filed soon.
A police team had gone to Mumbai to investigate charges against Sawant and others.
As per the complaint by the mother, Savitri Devi, a local scribe Raunak Ali and two others (Satish Misra and Anju Sandhya) contacted Laxman to participate in the show for resolving his marital dispute with Anita whom he had married in February last year.
"We reached the Goregaon studio in Mumbai on October 13 where Anita, her parents and another person were already present and during the programme Rakhi publicly humiliated Laxman, shouted at him and termed him as impotent," the mother said in the complaint.
Abetment to Suicide Charge Against Rakhi Dropped
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Finance Minister Announces Slew Of Measures To Boost Economy Amid Slowdown
- WATCH: Decoding What Nirmala Sitharaman's Announcements To Boost Economy Mean
- Death By Debt: Indian Businesses Are Devastated, Tax Terror Adds To Woes
- PV Sindhu Not Smart, Says Kim Ji Hyun, Korean Coach Behind Badminton Star's Course Correction
- Should We Encourage Kuccha Receipts? Institutional Cleansing Part Of Improving Business Environment
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- Home, Vehicle, Other Retail Loans To Become Cheaper: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- SC To Hear Chidambaram's Appeal Against Arrest On Monday
- New India Will Not Allow Loot Of Money: PM Modi To Indian Diaspora In France
- Karnataka: Political Slugfest Erupts Between Congress, JD(S) As Siddaramaiah, Deve Gowda Trade Barbs
- Sindhu Assured Of Fifth Medal At Badminton Worlds
- Live, Windies vs India, 1st Test, Day 2, North Sound, Antigua
- FATF Asia-Pacific Group Puts Pakistan In 'Enhanced Blacklist'
- Roti Served With Salt As Mid-Day Meal For Primary School Students In UP