Nirupama Rao, former Foreign Secretary and Indian Ambassador-designate to US, has been chosen for this year's Sree Chitra Tirunal award.
Award Committee chairman T P Sreenivasan said in a press release here that the honour was in recognition of Rao's meritorious service in foreign diplomacy.
The award has been instituted by the Sree Chitra Tirunal Trust in memory of the erstwhile ruler of Travancore.
Former recipients of the honour are former ISRO chairman G Madhavan Nair, former National Security Advisor M K Narayanan, agricultural scientist M S Swaminathan, actor Mohanlal and singer K J Yesudas.
Sree Chitra Tirunal Award for Nirupama Rao
THE LATEST ISSUE
- In J&K, NC, PDP, Congress Explore Options To Form Govt; Altaf Bukhari Says 'Good News' Soon
- Amritsar Blast Case: One Arrested, Amarinder Singh Says Grenade Made In Pak
- A Course Correction Required, My Lord | By Markandey Katju
- American Tourist Allegedly Killed By Isolated Tribe In Andaman And Nicobar Islands
- PDP, NC, Congress Forming Alliance On Pakistan’s Direction: BJP
- Should Rahul Gandhi Say He Is Not A PM Candidate?
- How Calcutta Women Used Humour To Handle Sexual Harassment Before #MeToo
- Why Indian Railways Is Bad At Implementing Big-Ticket Projects
- Tamil Nadu: A State For Statues
- From Srinagar, A Tale Of 'Cabbage' And (W)Rath
- What Makes India Powerful, What Sort Of A Country We Want
- P Chidambaram Slams Modi On Demonetisation, Says Govt Destroyed MSMEs
- BCCI CEO Rahul Johri Cleared In Sexual Harassment Case
- Bihar Shelter Home Caretaker Who Taught Girls Soliciting, Arrested
- Odisha Sports Secy Throws Out Journalist From Press Meet
- It Doesn't Befit The PM To Abuse Political Opponents: Manmohan Singh
- Nehru Too Was Ill In His Last Years In Office: BJP On Demand For Goa CM’s Resignation
- India Will Not Tolerate Insult Of Farmers By PM Modi: Rahul Gandhi
- India's Tour Of Australia, 1st T20I: Virat Kohli & Co Lose Rain-Hit Opener By 4 Runs