Ruling National Conference leader Mustafa Kamal today accused hardline Hurriyat leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani of being "a double agent" on "the payroll of Pakistan's ISI".
"(Geelani is) a double agent .. A four time MLA who has been drawing pension and has been even on the payroll of ISI, should we consider him fit enough to talk about morality," National Conference Additional General Secretary Mustafa Kamal alleged, referring to Geelani who was an MLA from Sopore constituency before militancy erupted in Jammu and Kashmir.
Kamal, uncle of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and younger brother of Union Minister Farooq Abdullah, claimed that Geelani was taking "dictation" from Pakistan.
"Whenever even a Pakistani clerk comes to India and summons this ex-lawmaker, he rushes to Delhi to take dictation about how to ensure that uncertainty prevails in the state," he said.
Kamal said Geelani has tried to "ignite and incite" people by "hollow slogans and destructive emotionalism".
Geelani on ISI Payroll: NC Leader
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Cyclone Titli: Odisha Man Carries Daughter's Body On Shoulder For 8 Kms For Post-Mortem
- Former UP And Uttarakhand Chief Minister ND Tiwari Dies On His 93rd Birthday
- #MeToo: The Akbar Who Became Birbal
- #MeToo | M J Akbar To Testify In Defamation Case On October 31
- #MeToo Movement Launched By People With 'Perverted' Minds: Union Minister
- Rail Apps: When A Train Ticket Examiner Left Passengers Speechless
- Durga Puja In Calcutta A Parable Of Life
- M J Akbar Should Be Fired Rather Than Being Allowed To Resign
- Why Kishore Kumar Declined A Cover Version Of His Idol KL Saigal's Songs
- Health Hazards Caused By Contaminated Water Supply In Indian Railways
- BJP Is Unlikely To Flaunt Its Economic Record In 2019 Election Campaign
- Talks And Terror Cannot Go Together: MEA On Pakistan
- SEBI To Fortis Healthcare: Recover Rs 403 Crore From Singh brothers, 8 Other Entities
- Achievements, Controversies Marked Veteran Leader N D Tiwari’s Political Career
- Sabarimala Temple Row: Section 144 Imposed At Four Places In Kerala
- BJP Leaders Back RSS Chief's Call For Law To Build Ram Temple
- Congress Sponsoring Facebook Advertisement In Pakistan For Removing PM Modi, Alleges BJP
- BJP Exploring Alternatives To Manohar Parrikar In Goa
- SIM Cards Won't Be Deactivated: Centre Explains Impact Of Aadhaar Verdict