An exit poll has projected that Samajwadi Party will get a convincing majority in Uttar Pradesh by bagging 232 to 250 seats in the 403-member Assembly.
On the eve of the counting of votes, the poll, conducted by CNN-IBN-The Week-CSDS, projects that the ruling Bahujan Samaj Party would get only 65 to 70 seats, way below its tally of 206 in the 2007 Assembly elections.
According to the poll, the Congress may end up in the third place with projected 36-44 seats, up from 22 last time, while BJP may bag only 28-38 seats, far behind its tally of 51 seats in 2007 elections.
The poll suggests only 11-23 seats for others.
In terms of vote share, the poll claimed that SP would get 34 per cent, the BSP 24 per cent, followed by the BJP with 14 per cent and Congress at the fourth place with just 12 per cent.
The poll survey also suggests that the Samajwadi Party has done well in all the regions of Uttar Pradesh.
CSDS Survey Predicts Landslide 232-250 Seats for SP
AP File Photo
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Sabarimala Head Priest Threatens To Shut Temple If Women Are Allowed
- KWAN Founder Anirban Blah Attempts Suicide After #MeToo Allegations
- There Is A Strong Sense Of Betrayal By Modi Govt: Congress' Data Analytics Head
- When The Void Won The Vote: Low Voter Turnout In Kashmir Speaks Of Alienation
- Madhya Pradesh Elections May Not Be A Two-Horse Race
- Rail Apps: When A Train Ticket Examiner Left Passengers Speechless
- Durga Puja In Calcutta A Parable Of Life
- M J Akbar Should Be Fired Rather Than Being Allowed To Resign
- Why Kishore Kumar Declined A Cover Version Of His Idol KL Saigal's Songs
- Health Hazards Caused By Contaminated Water Supply In Indian Railways
- BJP Is Unlikely To Flaunt Its Economic Record In 2019 Election Campaign
- Bail Denied, BSP Leader’s Son Sent To Jail For Brandishing Gun In Delhi Hotel
- Sabarimala Row: Unidentified Miscreants Vandalise Woman Activist's House
- Rajasthan Govt Gets Cautious As Zika Virus Cases Reach 100 In Jaipur
- Security Increased Nationwide, Restricted Movement Of Vehicles In Delhi On Dussehra
- UPA Govt Launched Schemes To Promote Only ‘One Family’: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi To Inaugurate World’s Tallest Statue In Gujarat
- Three Terrorists Killed In Infiltration Bid In Jammu And Kashmir's Baramulla
- Woman From West Bengal Held Captive, Gang-Raped For 10 Days In Odisha