With the first phase of Census coming to an end on June 15, Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) today said, it will come up with a helpline number to assist people to register themselves for census.
The civic body said 62 per cent of the census work has been completed.
We are hoping to complete the remaining work as per the deadline, Additional Municipal Commissioner Manisha Mhaiskar said.
The first phase of the 15th National Census began with the house listing and housing census started from May 1 and will end on June 15.
With the first phase of Census to be completed by June 15, enumerators have found more than 10 per cent houses locked. Around 27,248 enumerators are surveying an average of 150 households each, Mhaiskar said.
"We will come up with a helpline number on June 14 at all 24 wards. All those who have not registered themselves for Census, the helpline number will be useful, wherein they can drop their contact details and the enumerator will visit them," Mhaiskar said.
MCGM today said the response to the census has been good. "Those leaving in slums are more excited about it as they would be entitled to various schemes," Mhaiskar said.
62 Per Cent of Census Work Complete: MCGM
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Man Carries Mother On Shoulder To Cremation Site As Kin, Villagers Turn Spectators
- Covid Second Wave: PM Modi's Larger-Than-Life Image Takes A Big Hit
- Nothing To Hide: Youth Cong Chief To Delhi Cops’ Poser On Procuring Oxygen
- Situation ‘Extremely Fragile’ As Rajasthan CM Sounds Alarm Over Inadequate Oxygen Supply
- A Pin-Prick Of Hope: 40 Transgenders Given Covid-19 Jab In Guwahati
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Daughter’s Diary: Corona Has Come Home, But Home Is Far Away
- UK Study: Mixing Vaccines Can Be Safe
- Covid: 13 Foreign Countries’ Emergency Medical Help Land In Shimla
- Kashmir Doctors' Panel Pushes For 'Plan' To Safeguard Staff
- Bikers On A Mission Bridging Plasma Donors With Covid Patients
- Suspicion Of Poisoning Rife After 18 Elephants Die In Assam’s Nagaon
- Mithali, Harman To Lead Teams
- I-League: AIFF To Do Away With Relegation Due To COVID-19