Forty-eight pro-Taliban militants and two security personnel were killed in clashes across the restive Orakzai tribal region of northwest Pakistan today, officials said.
Twenty-five militants and four security personnel were also injured in the clashes that occurred at three places.
Three injured militants were captured by the security forces. The clashes erupted when militants tried to halt advancing forces in the Taliban strongholds of Sanghra, Qambar Masi and Mashti Mela in Orakzai Agency.
Fifteen militants were killed when security forces targeted militant hideouts in Mashti Mela.
Troops advanced and occupied important heights around Qambar Masi area, officials said.
In a separate incident, militants blew up a state-run health centre at Akhonkot in Mamozai area of Orakzai Agency.
Pakistani security forces have claimed to have killed over 350 militants since an offensive was launched last month to flush the Taliban out of Orakzai Agency.
The figure cannot be independently confirmed as journalists are barred from reporting from the conflict zone.
48 Pro-Taliban Militants Killed in Pakistan
THE LATEST ISSUE
- PM Modi 'Feels He Has It Under Control': Trump On Kashmir At G7 Summit
- INX Media Case: No Relief For Chidambaram, Court Extends CBI Custody By 4 Days
- PM Modi Made 'Historical Blunder' By Revoking Kashmir's Autonomy: Pak PM Imran Khan
- Opposition Using 'Maarak Shakti...': Pragya Thakur On Death Of BJP Leaders -- Video
- BSP Chief Mayawati Slams Rahul Gandhi, Opposition Leaders For Kashmir Visit
- Strong And Decisive Leadership May Not Help Always. It Can Cause More Damage Than Good
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Government Sacks 22 More Tax Officers For Graft, Misconduct
- Watch | Florida Golfer Continues With His Game As 7-Feet Alligator Strolls Casually Next To Him
- Siddaramaiah Says K'taka Govt Will Not Last Long, Urges Congress To Prepare For Early Polls
- Delhi Court Extends Ratul Puri's ED Custody By 4 Days In Bank Fraud Case
- 'He Speaks Very Good English...': Prez Trump Shares Light Moment With PM Modi -- Video
- This Fashion Institute 'Stole' Delhi-Based Institute's Name, Appointed Manish Malhotra As Brand Ambassador
- Sindhu To Receive Cash Reward For Stellar Showing At Badminton Worlds
- Hosts Must Take Inspiration From Stokes - Root