The bird flu situation in Assam was stable and nearly 4.34 lakh birds, including commercial and backyard poultry were culled till December last, state Veterinary minister Kher Sing Engti said on Wednesday.
No unusual mortality was reported from any part of the state since December 24 last, Engti told the Assembly in a written reply.
Of the total birds killed, 3.32 lakh were from 250 commercial farms and rest from backyard poultry farms, Engti said.
To combat spread of bird flu infection the government had taken steps as per action plan of the Centre and it included culling of poultry and ducks within the 3-km radius of epicentre where bird flu was detected, he said.
The Minister said that cleaning the poultry houses and areas around it was undertaken. He said public awareness was also created through print and electronic media.
To a query, Engti said, bird flu broke out in Kamrup (Rural) district and spread to nine other districts.
4.3 Lakh Birds Culled in Assam: Minister
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- No Ifs And Buts, Nitish Kumar Will Remain CM Even If We Win More Seats: BJP
- MI Vs RR LIVE: Two In Two For Gopal; Mumbai 88/3 (9.2)
- Court Awards Life Imprisonment To Four; Victim's Family Demands Death Penalty
- Congress Tractor Rally: Rahul Gandhi Allowed To Enter Haryana After High Drama
- In Den Of Match-Fixers, Why BCCI's Fraud Detecting System For IPL Still Has Holes
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- ‘It Is Not Fair To Blame All TV Channels Because Of One Or Two’
- Mumbai Court Extends Rhea Chakraborty's Judicial Remand
- Truce Is The Only Option For EPS And OPS
- Advancing Security In Indo-Pacific A Priority: Jaishankar At Quad Meeting
- French Open: Line Judge Deja Vu For Djokovic In Khachanov Win
- Nitish Kumar Announces NDA Seat Sharing Deal, JD(U) Gets 122, BJP 121
- Nowhere To Go: MCI Staff Told To Vacate Building
- CSK's Belief In Watson Surreal, But That's What Dhoni Is All About