BJP vice president Vinay Katiyar today said the heat of the 2G spectrum probe would soon reach Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
"The PM is out to keep corruption under wraps. He is with his ministers, especially P Chidambaram. But, one thing is certain the heat of the 2G spectrum probe will reach him soon," Katiyar told reporters here.
He said if the Prime Minister had nothing to hide he should ask Chidambaram to resign.
"In the days to come, courts will definitely punish the corrupt and send them to jail," the BJP leader said.
On Prime Minister's remarks that the Opposition was trying to force early polls, Katiyar said the situation in the coming days might lead to mid-term elections though his party did not want them.
He said Samajwadi Party and BSP leaders who are facing "corruption" charges might side with the Congress in the days to come but the BJP would ensure that the corrupt leaders are sent to jail.
To a question on Chief Minister Mayawati creating new districts in Uttar Pradesh, he said she was not coming back to power whether she sets up new districts or divisions.
On demands for reservation for Muslims, Jats and the poor among upper castes by Mayawati, he said she was shedding "crocodile tears" for them.
2G Probe Heat to Reach PM Soon: BJP
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Republic TV Among 3 Channels Being Probed For TRP Manipulation: Mumbai Police
- SRH Vs KXIP: Hyderabad Openers Off To Flying Start; 82/0 (8)
- UP Police Violated SC Guidelines By Invoking UAPA Against Kerala Journo: Union
- In Naveen’s Crosshairs: Vengeful Odisha Govt Goes After Leading Odia News Channel
- Victorian Ace: Dean Jones Was A True-Bred Australian Who Made Grit His Middle Name
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Women's Wing Of TMC Holds Protest Rally Against Hathras Rape
- American Poet Louise Glück Wins Nobel Literature Prize
- Violence Erupts Between WB Police & BJP Workers
- French Open: Ailing Djokovic Keen Not To 'Reveal Too Much' Before Semi-final
- Poll Sop: Nitish Kumar’s Standard Operating Procedure
- I Am Still A Student Of Cinema: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- The Saudi Crown Prince Reveals His Schizophrenia
- Ind Vs Aus 2020-21: Cricket Series To Start With ODIs In Brisbane From Nov 25