BJP vice president Vinay Katiyar today said the heat of the 2G spectrum probe would soon reach Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
"The PM is out to keep corruption under wraps. He is with his ministers, especially P Chidambaram. But, one thing is certain the heat of the 2G spectrum probe will reach him soon," Katiyar told reporters here.
He said if the Prime Minister had nothing to hide he should ask Chidambaram to resign.
"In the days to come, courts will definitely punish the corrupt and send them to jail," the BJP leader said.
On Prime Minister's remarks that the Opposition was trying to force early polls, Katiyar said the situation in the coming days might lead to mid-term elections though his party did not want them.
He said Samajwadi Party and BSP leaders who are facing "corruption" charges might side with the Congress in the days to come but the BJP would ensure that the corrupt leaders are sent to jail.
To a question on Chief Minister Mayawati creating new districts in Uttar Pradesh, he said she was not coming back to power whether she sets up new districts or divisions.
On demands for reservation for Muslims, Jats and the poor among upper castes by Mayawati, he said she was shedding "crocodile tears" for them.
2G Probe Heat to Reach PM Soon: BJP
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Who Next? The Big Fear Troubling Congress After Chidambaram’s Arrest
- Chidambaram Sent To CBI Custody Till August 26 In INX Media Case
- OPINION | Puppets On A Chain, Kashmir's 'Pro-India' Parties NC, PDP Dug Their Own Grave
- India's Fresh Challenge On Kashmir: Engage With Donald Trump But Without Opening Another Front
- ISRO Releases First Image Of Moon Captured By Chandrayaan-2
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- INX Media: The Case That Led To Chidambaram's Downfall
- Chidambaram Spends Night At CBI Headquarters Whose Inauguration He Attended In 2011
- Will Swap 100 Acres Of Land For Ravidas Temple Construction: Kejriwal After Protesters Swarm Delhi
- Badminton Worlds: Sindhu, Praneeth Enter Quarters; Srikanth, Prannoy Out
- Oil Companies Stop Fuel Supply To Air India At Six Airports Due To Non-payment Of Dues
- Live, West Indies v India, 1st Test, Day 1, Antigua
- Rajiv Gandhi Got Massive Mandate In 1984, But Didn’t Use It To Create Atmosphere Of Fear: Sonia Gandhi
- Demonising Modi All The Time Won't Help, It's Time We Recognise His Work: Jairam Ramesh