In the eye of a media storm, Niira Radia-led Vaishnavi Corporate Communications (VCC) today said that "unverified and unsubstantiated allegations were being made against it with regard to controversial allotment of 2G spectrum".
VCC said in a statement that it strongly condemns the allegations by some media organisations against the group, its chairperson Niira Radia and its telecom client Tata Teleservices.
The statement comes in the wake of some magazines reporting transcripts of purported conversations last year between Radia and some leading journalists, industrialists and politicians, including A Raja who has resigned as telecom minister following the 2G controversy.
The conversations mostly veered around Raja before he got the coveted portfolio.
In the backdrop of media reports that Radia had been summoned by the Enforcement Directorate to explain some of her bank transactions, VCC said, "we would like to state that we have been asked by one single agency for some information and we are complying and cooperating with it."
In the meanwhile, NDTV, whose English Group Editor Barkha Dutt, who figured in the purported conversations with Radia, said in a statement that "it would like to object in strongest terms to the clear misrepresentation of the conversations" that took place in May 2009.
"In the pursuit of news, a journalist talks to an array of people from all professional backgrounds; this case has been a unfolding political story on Cabinet formation after the general elections" the statement said, adding that "to caricature the professional sourcing of information as lobbying is not just baseless but preposterous."
2G: Niira Radia's VCC Refutes Allegations Against It
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Who Next? The Big Fear Troubling Congress After Chidambaram’s Arrest
- Chidambaram Sent To CBI Custody Till August 26 In INX Media Case
- OPINION | Puppets On A Chain, Kashmir's 'Pro-India' Parties NC, PDP Dug Their Own Grave
- India's Fresh Challenge On Kashmir: Engage With Donald Trump But Without Opening Another Front
- ISRO Releases First Image Of Moon Captured By Chandrayaan-2
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- INX Media: The Case That Led To Chidambaram's Downfall
- Chidambaram Spends Night At CBI Headquarters Whose Inauguration He Attended In 2011
- Will Swap 100 Acres Of Land For Ravidas Temple Construction: Kejriwal After Protesters Swarm Delhi
- Badminton Worlds: Sindhu, Praneeth Enter Quarters; Srikanth, Prannoy Out
- Oil Companies Stop Fuel Supply To Air India At Six Airports Due To Non-payment Of Dues
- Live, West Indies v India, 1st Test, Day 1, Antigua
- Rajiv Gandhi Got Massive Mandate In 1984, But Didn’t Use It To Create Atmosphere Of Fear: Sonia Gandhi
- Demonising Modi All The Time Won't Help, It's Time We Recognise His Work: Jairam Ramesh