Special Judge O P Saini, trying the 2G spectrum allocation case, today disclosed that one of the 2G case counsel tried to meet him in his chambers and asked them to be "on guard."
Special Judge Saini expressed anguish that the lawyers who preach "morals" and "principles" during the proceedings, flout the same themselves.
"You (defence counsel) are saying about morals and principles, but (one of) you were trying to meet me in my chamber," the judge said.
He made the remarks after the defence counsel raised objections to the manner of recording of the statement of prosecution witness and former Telecom Secretary D S Mathur.
The lawyers were insisting that the court should record whatever words were spoken by Mathur during cross-examination.
Mathur had spoken a word but immediately sought to explain which was objected to by some defence counsel.
"If you (defence counsel) are insisting that please record each and every word dropped from anybody's mouth, then you please be on guard. You put so many wrong questions but I never say anything, but if you want this, please be on your guard," the judge said and disclosed in the open court that one of the lawyers involved in the trial of the case had tried to meet him in his chamber.
Judge Saini said that every question asked in the court during the trial should be relevant.
"Every question should unfold its relevance or irrelevance as this is an open court. Everybody commits mistake as everybody is learning," he said.
As the day's proceedings came to an end, senior advocate R N Mittal, who represents various accused in the case, asked the judge whether the defence counsel could file application seeking court's permission to make any prosecution witness an accused in the case.
To this, the judge said as per law, they could do so but they should see at what point of time they should make such a plea.
2G Counsel Tried to Meet Me in Chamber: Special Judge
THE LATEST ISSUE
- What Is N440K Covid Variant? Is It More Virulent? Know What CCMB Says
- What’s Fatal Black Fungus Infection In Covid Patients; Check Dos And Don’ts Here
- 'Little Room For Judicial Interference': Centre To Supreme Court On Vaccine Policy
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Will You Need An E-Pass For Travelling From Noida To Delhi? Know Here
- Fact Check: Can You Get Covid Even After Vaccination? Govt Clarifies
- Can Hot Water Bath Or Drinking Warm Water Prevent Covid? Govt Answers
- Lockdowns And Curfews: List Of States, UTs Clamping Down Against Covid-19
- Himanta Biswa Sarma To Take Oath As Assam Chief Minister Today
- Mamata Banerjee Retains Ministerial Core As 43 Take Oath Today
- Dramatic Equaliser Not Enough To Keep Title In Real's Hands
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly