Chief of Naval Staff, Admiral Nirmal Verma, today said that more Mig-29K class air fighter air-craft and helicopters would be inducted into the Indian Navy in the next two years.
Talking to media after commissioning of INS Shakti, a fleet tanker, at the Naval Dockyard here today, he said 29 MIG-29K aircraft and sixteen helicopters would be acquired within two years.
Earlier, 16 aircraft of this class, (12 fighter and 4 trainee aircraft) had been acquired.
The Navy Chief also said that aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya would be delivered to the Indian Navy as per the schedule, and Italy was extending cooperation for another aircraft carrier, being built by the Cochin shipyard.
To a question, he said the naval surveillance along the coast had been strengthened in association with the Coast Guard and Marine Police. Fishermen too were being roped in, he said.
Navy and Coast Guard were creating awareness among the fishermen community for this purpose, he said.
Regarding rehabilitation package for those who had lost lands for the alternative naval base at Rambilli Mandal in the district, Verma said the Centre and the Navy had accepted the rehabilitation package submitted by the district administration and the state government, and Centre had released the funds.
29 Mig-29Ks to Join Navy Within Two Years: Navy Chief
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Republic TV Among 3 Channels Being Probed For TRP Manipulation: Mumbai Police
- Poll Sop: Nitish Kumar’s Standard Operating Procedure
- In Naveen’s Crosshairs: Vengeful Odisha Govt Goes After Leading Odia News Channel
- Victorian Ace: Dean Jones Was A True-Bred Australian Who Made Grit His Middle Name
- SRH Vs KXIP: Hyderabad, Punjab Fight For Crucial Two Points
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- American Poet Louise Glück Wins Nobel Literature Prize
- Violence Erupts Between WB Police & BJP Workers
- French Open: Ailing Djokovic Keen Not To 'Reveal Too Much' Before Semi-final
- Chinmayanand Cannot Get Access To Woman’s Statement In Rape Case: SC
- I Am Still A Student Of Cinema: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Tablighi Case: Freedom Of Speech Most Abused, Says SC
- The Saudi Crown Prince Reveals His Schizophrenia
- Ind Vs Aus 2020-21: Cricket Series To Start With ODIs In Brisbane From Nov 25