BJP legislator from G Udayagiri Assembly segment Manoj Pradhan today sought time to depose before the Justice Basudev Panigrahi Commission of Enquiry which is probing into the Kandhamal riots of 2007.
Through his advocate, Pradhan told the Commission that he would not be able to depose before the Commission now as his son was very sick. He however, has assured that he would appear before the Commission on the next day and depose before it.
On the other hand, the then IG (Intelligence) Arun Ray also could not depose before the Commission on the day while the former IG (Law and order) B B Mishra, who in the meantime has retired from service after superannuation, deposed before the Commission.
Informing that sufficient police force was mobilized during the riots of December 2007, Mishra said the then DGP was supervising the force mobilization and movement and he would not able to say anything about that now without verifying the records.
The Commission while holding its 43rd seating on the day has in the meantime examined more than 400 witnesses till date. Two more witnesses — a doctor and a teacher of Brahmanigan, are scheduled to give their deposition before the Commission tomorrow.
Congress leader and former minister Padmanav Behera had deposed before the Commission yesterday and had denied any role in the riots of 2007 in which two persons had died.
2007 Riots: Legislator Fails to Depose Before Panel
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Bengal Doctors' Strike Prompts Solidarity Protests Across Country
- SEBI Bars NDTV Promoters Prannoy Roy, Radhika From Securities Markets For 2 Years
- Is Mamata Banerjee Losing The Plot? Anti-Mamataism Fast Becoming A State Of Bengali Mind
- 70 Million Indians Are Suffering From Rare Genetic Diseases. It's Time We Raise Awareness
- CWC 2019: Root, Pacers Power England To Big Win Over Windies
- India, Pakistan And The Cost Of A Cup Of Tea In Kashmir
- In Girish Karnad's Death, My Lear Has Passed Away
- In Azim Premji, India Has Its Own Andrew Carnegie, The Man Who Donated 90% Of His Wealth
- Time Opposition Parties Revisited Their Founding Principles To Find How Far Or Close They Are To Them
- LS Polls In J&K: Uncles, Aunties And Engineer Rasheed
- Nitish Saw Modi Wave Coming, Made Amends In Time To Return To NDA
- Agitating Bengal Doctors Set 6 Conditions To End Stir, Seek Mamata Banerjee's Apology
- ICC World Cup 2019: India Leads The World In Protecting Cricket Fields From Rains
- WATCH | Pakistan PM Imran Khan Trolled Over Seating Gaffe At SCO Summit
- 'Metro Man' Sreedharan Writes To PM Modi Against Delhi Govt's Free Travel Scheme For Women
- 5 Killings In 24 Hours: Delhi CM Kejriwal Appeals To LG, Home Ministry Over Law And Order Situation
- Row Erupts Over Southern Railway Circular Making English, Hindi Mandatory
- Black Box Of IAF AN-32 Aircraft Recovered
- Those Living In Bengal Will Have To Learn To Speak In Bengali: Mamata Banerjee