Dense fog returned to the capital today after a four-day lull, affecting over 130 flights at the Indira Gandhi International Airport and giving a harrowing time to passengers.
Fog started to descend at the airport around 3.30 AM, when visibility dropped suddenly from 1200 metres to 400 metres at third runway, while it was above 1200 metres for main runway.
But within half an hour, dense fog also the enveloped main runway and visibility decreased to 150 to 225 metres while at the third runway it dropped to 50 to 100 metres.
The situation remained the same till 9.30 AM but slowly the visibility started to improve.
The flights were delayed from half an hour to four hours.
130 Flights Affected Due to Dense Fog at IGI
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- How Modi-Shah Arithmetic Proved Opposition Calculus Wrong
- Naresh Goyal Stopped From Leaving India, MHA Issues Lookout Notice
- 'Minorities Were Deceived By Those Who Practiced Vote Bank Politics, Have To Win Their Trust': Narendra Modi At NDA Meet
- 'Drama': BJP Mocks Mamata Banerjee For Offering To Quit CM Post
- ICC CWC 2019, Warm-Up: India Suffer Six-Wicket Defeat Against New Zealand
- My Vote Is For the Well-Being Of My Fellow Indians
- The Statue Went Bust
- Mayawati, Honourable Prime Minister. Why The Heartburn?
- Can India's Character As A Secular Republic Be Sustained?
- Yogi Deveshwar: Corporate Honcho Whose Touch Gave Wings to Air India, High Flight To ITC
- How WhatsApp Saved The Day For A Cyclone Fani-Hit Journo In Odisha
- After Intel Reports On ISIS Boat, Kerala Coast On High Alert
- Over 700 People Homeless After Heavy Rain Lashes Tripura
- Removed From WhatsApp Group For Questioning Poll Performance: Lamba Slams Kejriwal
- Ex-village Head, Who Campaigned For Smriti Irani, Shot Dead In Amethi
- Impressed With PM's Glorious Win, Muslim Woman Names Newborn 'Narendra Modi'
- Anurag Kashyap Mentions Rape Threats To Daughter While Congratulating PM Modi
- MP Congress Worker Shaves Head After Losing Bet To BJP Worker
- Once A Decorated Striker, Bhaichung Bhutia Yet To Dribble Past Political Opponents And Score