Dense fog returned to the capital today after a four-day lull, affecting over 130 flights at the Indira Gandhi International Airport and giving a harrowing time to passengers.
Fog started to descend at the airport around 3.30 AM, when visibility dropped suddenly from 1200 metres to 400 metres at third runway, while it was above 1200 metres for main runway.
But within half an hour, dense fog also the enveloped main runway and visibility decreased to 150 to 225 metres while at the third runway it dropped to 50 to 100 metres.
The situation remained the same till 9.30 AM but slowly the visibility started to improve.
The flights were delayed from half an hour to four hours.
130 Flights Affected Due to Dense Fog at IGI
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- BJP Stalwart Arun Jaitley To Be Cremated Today, Leaders Pay Last Respects
- Obituary | Arun Jaitley: Every Non-BJP Person’s Favourite BJP Person
- PM Modi Meets Bahraini Crown Prince, Conferred 'The King Hamad Order Of The Renaissance'
- '..We End Up With Our Voice Being Taken Away': IAS Officer Hailed For Role In Kerala Floods Quits
- Spilling The Beans: How Murky Was Cafe Coffee Day Founder VG Siddartha's Death
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- How Arun Jaitley Played A Key Role In Making Nitish Kumar The Bihar CM
- 'What Is Modi Govt Trying To Hide?' Says Congress After Rahul Gandhi-Led Delegation Denied Entry In J&K
- Naresh Goyal Created Tax Evading Schemes To Siphon Off Funds Abroad: ED
- I Am Disappointed With Myself: KL Rahul
- India Has Lost An Outstanding Parliamentarian: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh Condoles Arun Jaitley's Death
- Durand Cup Final: Vicuna Blames Refereeing For MB's Loss To GKFC
- NASA Investigating First Crime Committed In Space: Report
- UAE's Highest Civilian Award For Modi, Egg On Pakistan's Face