of burns he sustained while reportedly trying to imitate an
hair-straighteningact shown in the social media, police said
The deceased was Sivanarayanan of Venganoor near here.
The seventh standard school student on Tuesday
reportedly applied kerosene to his hair and tried to
straighten it with a lit matchstick, the police said.
Videos of people straightening hair using spirit and
fire had gone viral in the social media.
The boy, said to be a social media addict, was taken to
hospital. He died today, the police said.
Only his grandmother was at home when he tried the act
in the bathroom, they said. PTI LGK